查看完整版本: Kam Tin - Spring 2010

sdavid 21/04/2010 14:06

Kam Tin - Spring 2010

Not much left of the Buffalo Fields, but I had a walk around late morning, though birds were limited to:

[b]Little Ringed Plover[/b] x4
[b]Yellow Wagtail[/b] x2
[b]Richard's Pipit[/b] x3
[b]White-shouldered Starlings[/b] x6

[b]Common Snipe, Green Sandpiper[/b] and [b]Yellow Wagtails[/b] (4) were seen in small plot of agriculture to the north of Buffalo Fields.

At the large ponds north of the new drainage channel near Sha Po, the pond closest to Castle Peak Road had c. 40 Water Buffalo feeding, lounging and wallowing in it, with reasonable numbers of[b] Cattle Egrets[/b] (19) feeding around them.  [b]Intermediate Egrets[/b] (3) and [b]Little Egrets[/b] (15) also feeding around pond edges.  A single [b]Pheasant-tailed Jacana[/b] was also in this pond, presumeably the one that has been there for a while now.

yyattung 21/04/2010 20:57

I have also noticed the pond near to the drainage channel. Numbers of egrets gradually increase since the ponds have been abandoned. Water Buffaloes were seen present inside the ponds in daytime recently. It gives me an impression of the early stage of the old buffalo field nearby. It also gives me expectation that there will have more birds later on. Please keep watching the ponds, thanks!
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Kam Tin - Spring 2010