查看完整版本: URF Status at 31 January 2012

wgeoff 31/01/2012 05:43

URF Status at 31 January 2012

URF stands for ‘Unusual Record Form’. This is the standard form that the Records Committee uses when assessing records of unusual and rare species in Hong Kong. Acceptance of an unusual record via a URF allows it to be published in the next HK Bird Report.

The Records Committee has completed assessment of all 236 URFs required for the 2009-10 Annual Report. As a result, we expect to publish the 2009-10 Report by end June this year. The results of the URF assessments are included in this Excel File

[url]http://www.geoffwelch46.com/URF120122.xls[/url]

The File gives ID numbers, species name, date of record, location, name on URF, status of URF and comment. Status of URF may be

Recirculate – currently being reviewed by the Committee
Pending – currently being held awaiting further information
Accept – accepted, sometimes with a comment. All these records will appear in the 2009-10 Annual Report
Not Proven – not accepted. ‘Not Proven’ does not mean the record is incorrect, it only means that the evidence provided does not prove the record beyond reasonable doubt.

The name on the URF is not necessarily the finder’s name. Also some members may be surprised to find their name on a record. This is because the record has been taken off the website using photographs and other details submitted there. Also some of the names are those used on the website, where the individual’s actual name is not known.

If you have any comments on your records, wish to add anything or correct mistakes, tell me your real name or anything else, please contact me on my email address

[email]geoffwelch46@yahoo.co.uk[/email]

Geoff Welch
Secretary, Records Committee
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: URF Status at 31 January 2012