查看完整版本: 剛造了個鳥屋

chikiuso 30/08/2013 19:41

剛造了個鳥屋

剛造了個九吋鳥屋, 甚麼鳥兒會入住呢?

chikiuso 8/09/2013 18:10

已安裝, 下周會去看看有無鳥兒入住.

louislee 9/09/2013 00:12

Interesting, I have read some journals about this.

A critical factor governing the bird residing in it is the size of the door, which means the diameter of the entering hole.

You may expect a bird that can just pass the entering hole to live in there !

wcaptain 10/09/2013 12:34

Great Tit will likely to use the nest box.

But the breeding season is over. Try next yr.

wcaptain 10/09/2013 12:35

when u check the box, beware of wasps or other insects.

HKBWS Bonnie 11/09/2013 12:05

請注意,於1/1/2013起,為避免騷擾繁殖中的雀鳥,本討論區不容許張貼或上載鳥巢、幼鳥在巢、成鳥坐巢等繁殖行為的照片:
Please be reminded that, effective from 1/1/2013, to avoid any disturbance to breeding birds, it is not allowed to post any nesting photo such as bird nest, juvenile in the nest or nesting behavior etc. at the Forum:

2013 討論區新增規則 Additional Forum regulations
[url]http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/viewthread.php?tid=17833[/url]

此貼子所顯示的"人造鳥屋",一旦出現雀鳥"入住"的情況,將會被示作鳥巢及繁殖行為的照片而被刪除,敬請留意。
The  "artificial nest box" shown in this thread will be considered showing "bird nest" & "nesting behavior" once a bird "moved in", and therefor will be deleted according to the above regulations.  Thank you for your attention.

wilsondring 11/09/2013 15:54

[quote]Original posted by [i]HKBWS Bonnie[/i] at 11/09/2013 12:05 [url=http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=59218&ptid=19439][img]http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/images/common/back.gif[/img][/url]
請注意,於1/1/2013起,為避免騷擾繁殖中的雀鳥,本討論區不容許張貼或上載鳥巢、幼鳥在巢、成鳥坐巢等繁殖行為的照片:
Please be reminded that, effective from 1/1/2013, to avoid any disturbance to breeding birds, i ... [/quote]
I hate to cause a storm and i fully respect that someone has to uphold the rules but can we use some common sense when upholding the rules and regulations?

Surely the disturbance of breeding birds is associated with exposing the location of the nest or encouraging photographers to find nests to caputre their daily habits .. This thread is about bird box,..?

My apologizes in advance if i have missed anything or have mis-interpritaed the rational behind the quoted rule.

HKBWS Bonnie 11/09/2013 16:41

Dear Wilson

I don't see it as a "storm".  It's just discussion with people holding different opinions.   

I believe you have mis-understood my message or I didn't express it well enough to make you understand.

The photos of the "box" are still there, not deleted, because they don't violate any of our regulations so far.  The message was to remind chikiuso that if later he posts photos of the box with a bird in it then it'll violate our regulations by show nesting photo.

By common sense, wild birds don't need a nest until his breeding time (except certain species for example swift) and the concept of artificial nest box is built in a view to compensate the lose of their natural nesting place, for study purpose & etc.

I hope I have answered you questions well.  If you still have any point for clarification, please feel free to voice out.

Birding season has come, happy birding !!

Cheers

Bonnie
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: 剛造了個鳥屋