查看完整版本: Spring at Shing Mun/Lead Mine Pass, 2015

tsheunglai 13/02/2015 21:35

Spring at Shing Mun/Lead Mine Pass, 2015

[b][size=4][size=5][color=DarkRed][/color][/size][/size][/b]
[b][size=5][color=Black]
February 13th, 2015 (Friday)[/color][/size][/b]
[size=4][color=DarkSlateBlue]Cold from about 10 rising to sunny noon of more than twenty Celsius. Wind from North-east mild[/color][/size].

[b][size=4][color=DarkSlateGray]Scene repeated itself but slightly different from last[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=DimGray]A confirmation of wintering birds sticking if possible to short range of activities[/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=4][color=Plum]The Little egret [/color][/size][/b]was seen at the catchment outlet and [b][size=4][color=DarkOrchid]the female Daurian redstart [/color][/size][/b]was seen on the catchment above Visitors' Centre again.
However the Ashy drongo was absent from the Formosan tree.

Near the first Butterfly garden/paradise a bird descended sharply from right to left. An habitual check resulted in finding the bird to be the first-year male [b][size=4][color=Purple]Verditer flycatcher [/color][/size][/b]which had been found there before. What's different was that food was so scarce that it resorted to picking up from the ground.

Near the second Butterfly garden/paradise [b][size=4][color=Purple]the Chestnut-collared yuhinas [/color][/size][/b]were seen, this time counted to be roughly thirty-five.

[b][size=4][color=Purple]A Bay woodpecker [/color][/size][/b]was heard indicating the species being present continually for the past cold months.

[b][size=4][color=Purple]A Grey-headed flycatcher [/color][/size][/b]was heard of its less noticeable kind of call making me stay to confirm with a sighting.

[b][size=4][color=Purple]The Hoopoe [/color][/size][/b]was seen again when it flew up on top of an erect but deed tree trunk though soon flying off to the opposite site of the stream.

The near-threatened species of [b][size=4][color=Purple]Collared crows [/color][/size][/b]were found to be [b][size=4][color=SlateGray]three[/color][/size][/b] in number taking permanent stay in the area when I came back near the catchment outlet.

S L Tai[size=5][/size]

[[i] Last edited by tsheunglai at 13/02/2015 21:37 [/i]]
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Spring at Shing Mun/Lead Mine Pass, 2015