查看完整版本: Shing Mun -- Autumn of 2016

tsheunglai 30/08/2016 22:15

Shing Mun -- Autumn of 2016

[b][size=4][color=Black][/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=4][color=DarkSlateGray]Morning breeze from the north/north-easterly brings hotness down to 24 Celsius and about thirty towards noon.
[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=Indigo]Return to the site with pleasure[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=4][color=DarkSlateBlue]Migrants seen further enhance the trip's delights
[/color][/size][/b]
Business seemed as usual until the steps were being climabed from the minibus stop. Some noisy chattering of a great bird was heard among the thickets and short trees on the slope side of the dam. Some quiet observation revealed it to be [b][size=4][color=DarkOrchid]a Greater coucal[/color][/size][/b] - common in Mai Po but nevertheless the first personal encounter at this site - later confirmed to be [b][size=4][color=Magenta]an immature[/color][/size][/b].

Walking above the water collection duct alongside the AFCD quarters, some Blue-winged minlas met the eyes and patience paid when my first [b][size=4][color=Purple]Asian paradise flycatcher [/color][/size][/b]of the autumn was seen.

Birds seen or heard came slowly with the tenth species recorded at eight forty from a start at seven thirty-five.  A birdwave of minor significance was encountered with a brief view of[b][size=4][size=4][color=Purple] an Eastern crown leaf warbler[/color][/size][/size][/b]. Walking up to the top of Lead Mine Pass, besides confirmring my physique being in proper order, was poorly rewarded with birds.

Totally[b][size=4][color=Magenta] nineteen species [/color][/size][/b] wrapped up the morning's work when the trip ended at twelve fifteen.

S L Tai

On returning to Ma Wan [b][size=4][color=DarkOrchid]two Common sandpipers[/color][/size][/b] and [b][size=4][color=DarkOrchid]a White wagtail[/color][/size][/b] were seen on the shoals near the pier on low tide, the latter was a migrant and the waterbirds need to be determined later as regards status.
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Shing Mun -- Autumn of 2016