查看完整版本: Recent additions to the HK List

cgeoff 2/12/2006 17:38

Recent additions to the HK List

At the recent Records Committee (RC) meeting on 29th November, the following species were added to Category A of the HK List.

[b]Wedge-tailed Shearwater[/b] [i]Puffinus pacificus[/i]
One off Cape D’Aguilar on 6th July 2001.

[b]Short-tailed Shearwater[/b] [i]Puffinus tenuirostris[/i]
One in Mirs Bay on 16th May 2004.

[b]Greater White-fronted Goose[/b] [i]Anser albifrons[/i]
A juvenile at Lok Ma Chau Wetland Compensation Area from 8th to at least 12th November 2004, found dead on 15th November. This species has now been moved from Category E to Category A.

[b]Lesser White-fronted Goose[/b] [i]Anser erythropus[/i]
Two juveniles at Lok Ma Chau Wetland Compensation Area from 6th November 2006.

[b]Orange-breasted Pigeon[/b] [i]Treron bicinctus[/i]
One at Po Toi on 18th February 2006, and it or another bird present on 2nd October 2006. The likelihood is, of course, that the same bird was involved, but distinct plumage differences between the two sightings mean that it is not possible to say with certainty that this was the case. However, it may have been in first-winter plumage in the early part of the year, and adult plumage in the latter part. Being able to identify such plumage differences is one of the benefits of having so many good photographers in HK. The RC would like to receive further photographs of this species, whether from last winter or this.

[b]Rosy Pipit[/b] [i]Anthus roseatus[/i]
One largely in breeding plumage at Long Valley on 14th May 2006.

[b]Chinese Thrush[/b] [i]Turdus mupinensis[/i]
A first-winter trapped at Kadoorie Agricultural Research Centre on 18th November 2004.

[b]Spotted Bush Warbler[/b] [i]Bradypterus thoracicus davidi[/i]
One trapped at Mai Po on 16th and 30th January 2004.

[b]Sulphur-breasted Warbler[/b] [i]Phylloscopus ricketti[/i]
One in Tai Po Kau on 25th November 2005, and another on Po Toi on 1st April 2006.

Further photographs of the above, in particular the pigeon, the pipit and the warblers, are always welcome as reference. Please submit these using the form below.

In a number of cases the dates provided above do not refer to the whole period of occurrence of each bird. This is because the RC has not received records referring to other dates. If you noted any of these birds on other dates, please submit a record using the report form available at:

http://www.hkbws.org.hk/phpBB2/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2

Details of where to submit the record are contained in the form.
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Recent additions to the HK List