查看完整版本: Peru , Ecuador ( The Galapagos Islands )

fneil 22/08/2009 16:16

Peru , Ecuador ( The Galapagos Islands )

I've just got back from the trip of a life time to Machu Pichu in Peru and the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador.  It was mainly a sight seeing trip with a group of friends (12 people ) so I wasn't able to get to the Amazon cloud forests or do much bird photography , except on the Galapagos Islands, but I did manage to slip away from the group a couple of times to photograph hummingbirds.
Here are a few photos from the trip.
Neil

Nikon D3 and Nikon 500/4 ED AFS VR lens

Machu Pichu ,
Peru.
July 2009

fneil 24/08/2009 19:02

More from Peru

Another hummer from Peru and then birds from The Galapagos Islands.
Neil

fneil 26/08/2009 22:17

Some more from The Galapagos

Seven days in the Galapagos wasn't enough.

bkenneth 27/08/2009 10:25

Fantastic pics!

Were the hummingbirds at a feeder?
How easy is it to see the Galapagos endemics, Neil? Any idea?

Cheers,
Ken

fneil 29/08/2009 07:25

more from Peru

Ken,
    It's easy to see some of the endemics but to see all/most of them you would have to stay more than a week and probably arrange a special tour.  The normal tours like we did only allow you a short time in each place as each group has to keep moving due to the pressure of number of tourists.  They try to keep the group separated too so that you have any area to yourself for a couple of hours but you are not allowed to stray from the group and the guide is responsible to keep everyone moving at an even pace which is faster than us bird photographers like.
Also the weather is unpredictable and we were in low light a lot of the time.
Neil.

lsinyin 29/08/2009 19:59

[quote]Original posted by [i]bkenneth[/i] at 27/08/2009 10:25 [url=http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=21716&ptid=8698][img]http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/images/common/back.gif[/img][/url]
Fantastic pics!

Were the hummingbirds at a feeder?
How easy is it to see the Galapagos endemics, Neil? Any idea?

Cheers,
Ken [/quote]
Some of the Galapagos endemics only appear in one or two islands. For example, the Flightless Cormorant is only found in Fernandina and Isabela. I missed it during my visit there.

cmichaell 3/09/2009 21:00

Neil,

Superb photos, especially the hummingbirds.

I went on a similar trip two years ago and it was stunning. Glad to see you got to Espanola for Waved Albatross. I guess your Swallow-tailed Gull was there too. Its my favourite gull along with Ross's.

I tried to take some photos of the hummers at Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel at the many feeders but they are so quick. Congratulations on getting such cracking shots of these little gems.

Mike Chalmers
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Peru , Ecuador ( The Galapagos Islands )