Details of the Tai Mo Shan Outing to be held on 12 May 2018 as below:-
Date: 12/5/2018 Saturday
Activity time: 8:00 - 12:00
Gathering time & place (1):
- Exit B near Hang Seng Bank, Tsuen Wan MTR Station
- Participants will be grouped to share a taxi, at their own cost, to go up to the carpark near the entrance gate to TMS.
Gathering time & place (2):
- Small capark near the entrance gate to TMS wireless station.
- For those who choose to meet up at TMS entrance gate, please phone our leader at 94573196 around 08:00 to confirm status of TMS outing first.
Target Species: Grassland Birds
Members: Free of Charge (by showing your membership card)
Non-members: HK$30 (HK$10 for student under 19yrs)
**No registration is required **
The Activities Enquiry Hotline for contacting outing leaders at the event date only: 9457 3196 (voice call only, no SMS).
Bad Weather Arrangement for this TMS outing:
Safety is always our fundamental concern for organizing a bird watching activity. Tai Mo Shan is a birding site with mainly open area without sheltering facilities and therefore there is more changes for accidents when poor weather condition is observed up there. Common accidents observed are slip and fall injury on slippery slope due to outbreak of rain, blown down by squalls and gusts and even direct strokes by lightning (especially when holding an umbrella). In order to ensure personal safety of outing participants, more conservative bad weather arrangement will be carried out for TMS outing.
1. Outing will be cancelled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.3 or above or Rainstorm Warnings Yellow, Red or Black is hoisted (or is expected to be hoisted) by the Hong Kong Observatory 1 hour before outing.
2. If Thunderstorm Warning is announced during the outing, leader will decide whether the outing should be continued or cancelled based on the weather condition on the birding site.
3. In addition to the above condition, other bad weather like continuous rain and squally thunderstorms that is expected to influence the outing period will also make TMS not suitable for birding. Our leaders will work together with office staff to make a decision on whether the TMS outing should go on based on all available weather information provided by the Hong Kong Observatory (e.g. weather radar image, regional weather & rainfall forecast and lightning alert.
4. If TMS is considered not suitable for birding under the above condition, birding location will be changed to one jointly decided by outing leaders and office staff.
5. Outing fee, if any, will be waived when participant withdraws due to change of birding location.
The Hong Kong Bird Watching Society (“the HKBWS”) assumes no responsibility, liability or obligations, whether financial or otherwise, for losses, injuries, death, damages, whether to the person or property, arising or occurring in the course or as a result from the activities, outings or training courses (“the Activities”)organized by the HKBWS. Persons who participate in the Activities must ensure that they are medically fit to do so. If in doubt, they should consult qualified medical practitioners before participating. Participants are recommended to purchase relevant insurance for their own protection. By participating in the Activities, the participants impliedly agree that they will not hold the HKBWS, its Executive Committee members, other committee members, its officers, employees, volunteers, agents or subcontractors responsible or liable for any losses, injuries, death damages arising or occurring in the course or as a result from the Activities.
Author: ngszeon Time: 12/05/2018 15:36
18people participated the birding activity at Ta Mo Shan country park and 19 species of birds are recorded in total.
1.103 067 Black Kite 黑鳶 Milvus migrans I
2.227 194 Spotted Dove 珠頸斑鳩 Spilopelia chinensis I
3.307 279 Long-tailed Shrike 棕背伯勞 Lanius schach I
4.328 447 Large-billed Crow 大嘴烏鴉 Corvus macrorhynchos I
5.341 270 Red-whiskered Bulbul 紅耳鵯 Pycnonotus jocosus I
6.342 271 Chinese Bulbul 白頭鵯 Pycnonotus sinensis I
7.357 346.9 Mountain Tailorbird 金頭縫葉鶯 Phyllergates cucullatus I
8.360 326 Brown-flanked Bush Warbler 強腳樹鶯 Horornis fortipes I
9.37 088 Chinese Francolin 中華鷓鴣 Francolinus pintadeanus I
10.399 329 Russet Bush Warbler 高山短翅鶯 Locustella mandelli I
11.410 345 Yellow-bellied Prinia 黃腹鷦鶯 Prinia flaviventris I
12.418 315 Chinese Hwamei 畫眉 Garrulax canorus I
13.425 318 Red-billed Leiothrix 紅嘴相思鳥 Leiothrix lutea IIA
14.427 322 Vinous-throated Parrotbill 棕頭鴉雀 Sinosuthora webbiana IIA
15.518 259 Richard's Pipit 理氏鷚 Anthus richardi I
16.240 202 Large Hawk Cuckoo 大鷹鵑 Hierococcyx sparverioides I
17.343 273 Chestnut Bulbul 栗背短腳鵯 Hemixos castanonotus I
18.410 309 Streak-breasted Scimitar Babbler 棕頸鉤嘴鶥 Pomatorhinus ruficollis IIA
19.418 314 Black-throated Laughingthrush 黑喉噪鶥 Garrulax chinensis IIA
20.421 317 Silver-eared Mesia 銀耳相思鳥 Leiothrix argentauris IIB
21.427 397 Japanese White-eye 暗綠繡眼鳥 Zosterops japonicus I
22.490 297 Blue Rock Thrush 藍磯鶇 Monticola solitarius I
23.319 442 Red-billed Blue Magpie 紅嘴藍鵲 Urocissa erythroryncha I
[ Last edited by ngszeon at 12/05/2018 15:37 ] Author: K_Chan Time: 12/05/2018 17:28
Really eye-/ear-opening to have neared Brown-flanked Bush Warbler(強腳樹鶯), Chinese Francolin(中華鷓鴣), Russet Bush Warbler(高山短翅鶯), Chinese Hwamei(畫眉), Red-billed Leiothrix(紅嘴相思鳥), Vinous-throated Parrotbill(棕頭鴉雀) amid our initial puzzles on the Blue Rock Thrush(藍磯鶇). Thanks to So-so and Aaron. Author: sdavid Time: 14/05/2018 10:10
No sign of upland pipits on your outing?
Welcome to HKBWS Forum 香港觀鳥會討論區 (http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/)