Board logo

Subject: Climate Change - The Facts [Print This Page]

Author: irsychan    Time: 22/04/2019 17:11     Subject: Climate Change - The Facts

"In the 20 years since I first started talking about the impact of climate change on our world, conditions have changed far faster than I ever imagined. It may sound frightening, but the scientific evidence is that if we have not taken dramatic action within the next decade, we could face irreversible damage to the natural world and the collapse of our societies."
"Scientists now believe that 8% of species are now at threat of extinction solely due to climate change. This isn't just about losing wonders of nature. With the loss of even the smallest organisms, we destablise and ultimately risk collapsing the world's ecosystems. The network that support the whole of life on Earth."
- Sir David Attenborough, in "Climate Change - The Facts", released by BBC at 9pm on 18 April 2019.

The video is only available via BBC iPlayer in the UK.  However, I have found that someone has uploaded it to YouTube and hopefully it would not be erased too soon due to copyright issue.  For those who want to view the video in YouTube, please search for the words "climate change the facts".
Author: cgeoff    Time: 23/04/2019 11:48

Thanks for this SY.

GeoffC

Welcome to HKBWS Forum 香港觀鳥會討論區 (http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0