Details of the Wild Card Day - Tai Mo Shan Outing to be held on 19 May 2019 as below:-
Date: 19/5/2019 Sunday
Activity time: 8:00 - 12:00
Gathering time & place (1):
- Exit B near Hang Seng Bank, Tsuen Wan MTR Station
- Participants will be grouped to share a taxi, at their own cost, to go up to the carpark near the entrance gate to TMS.
Gathering time & place (2):
- Small capark near the entrance gate to TMS wireless station.
- For those who choose to meet up at TMS entrance gate, please phone our leader at 94573196 around 08:00 to confirm status of TMS outing first.
Target Species: Grassland Birds
Members: Free of Charge (by showing your membership card)
Non-members: HK$30 (HK$10 for student under 19yrs)
**No registration is required **
The Activities Enquiry Hotline for contacting outing leaders at the event date only: 9457 3196 (voice call only, no SMS).
Bad Weather Arrangement for this TMS outing:
Safety is always our fundamental concern for organizing a bird watching activity. Tai Mo Shan is a birding site with mainly open area without sheltering facilities and therefore there is more changes for accidents when poor weather condition is observed up there. Common accidents observed are slip and fall injury on slippery slope due to outbreak of rain, blown down by squalls and gusts and even direct strokes by lightning (especially when holding an umbrella). In order to ensure personal safety of outing participants, more conservative bad weather arrangement will be carried out for TMS outing.
1. Outing will be cancelled when Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.3 or above or Rainstorm Warnings Yellow, Red or Black is hoisted (or is expected to be hoisted) by the Hong Kong Observatory 1 hour before outing.
2. If Thunderstorm Warning is announced during the outing, leader will decide whether the outing should be continued or cancelled based on the weather condition on the birding site.
3. In addition to the above condition, other bad weather like continuous rain and squally thunderstorms that is expected to influence the outing period will also make TMS not suitable for birding. Our leaders will work together with office staff to make a decision on whether the TMS outing should go on based on all available weather information provided by the Hong Kong Observatory (e.g. weather radar image, regional weather & rainfall forecast and lightning alert.
4. If TMS is considered not suitable for birding under the above condition, birding location will be changed to one jointly decided by outing leaders and office staff.
5. Outing fee, if any, will be waived when participant withdraws due to change of birding location.
The Hong Kong Bird Watching Society (“the HKBWS”) assumes no responsibility, liability or obligations, whether financial or otherwise, for losses, injuries, death, damages, whether to the person or property, arising or occurring in the course or as a result from the activities, outings or training courses (“the Activities”)organized by the HKBWS. Persons who participate in the Activities must ensure that they are medically fit to do so. If in doubt, they should consult qualified medical practitioners before participating. Participants are recommended to purchase relevant insurance for their own protection. By participating in the Activities, the participants impliedly agree that they will not hold the HKBWS, its Executive Committee members, other committee members, its officers, employees, volunteers, agents or subcontractors responsible or liable for any losses, injuries, death damages arising or occurring in the course or as a result from the Activities.
Details of Wild Card Day outing will be announced on Discussion Forum on 17 May . Author: HKBWS Bonnie Time: 17/05/2019 12:45
Wild card day outing will be held at Tai Mo Shan. Please refer to the above thread for details. Author: ngszeon Time: 26/05/2019 15:49
10people participated the birding activity at Ta Mo Shan country park and 11species of birds are recorded in total.
1.340 270 Red-whiskered Bulbul 紅耳鵯 Pycnonotus jocosus I
2.341 271 Chinese Bulbul 白頭鵯 Pycnonotus sinensis I
3.356 346.9 Mountain Tailorbird 金頭縫葉鶯 Phyllergates cucullatus I(Call only)
4.358 326 Brown-flanked Bush Warbler 強腳樹鶯 Horornis fortipes I
5.397 329 Russet Bush Warbler 高山短翅鶯 Locustella mandelli I(Call only)
6.408 345 Yellow-bellied Prinia 黃腹鷦鶯 Prinia flaviventris I
7.416 315 Chinese Hwamei 畫眉 Garrulax canorus I
8.419 314 Black-throated Laughingthrush 黑喉噪鶥 Garrulax chinensis IIA
9.423 318 Red-billed Leiothrix 紅嘴相思鳥 Leiothrix lutea IIA
10.516 259 Richard's Pipit 理氏鷚 Anthus richardi I
11.37 088 Chinese Francolin 中華鷓鴣 Francolinus pintadeanus I
P.S : That day is extremely Misty
Welcome to HKBWS Forum 香港觀鳥會討論區 (http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/)