Thread
Print

[Hong Kong] 幼鳥出世 立會添「成員」Bulbul nest in Legislative Council Building

立會雀仔再添丁 生3雀蛋 或已三代同堂
http://news.mingpao.com/20110418/gzb1.htm

舊事又在今天新聞中重提。當大力提倡良好的拍鳥操守時,與其只當作又一宗有趣的花邊,我想可否變成一次教導大眾的機會,尤其是有關拍攝鳥巢和幼鳥方面。相反令人擔憂是立法局內的喜悅,蓋過了所需的保護和保育,而事件則可能成為不當行為的合理化例子。

The relevant news is recalled on a newspaper today.  While good practices on taking bird photos are advocated, instead of treating the news just as another something interesting, I wonder if it can be an opportunity to educate the public especially on taking photos of active nest sites and the juvenile. Or I worry that the amazement from the Council will be more prominent than the conservation and protection required while the incident may become an example to justify an inappropriate act.

http://www.hkwildlife.net/viewth ... tra=page%3D1#%23%23

謝謝阿思的支持。已草擬信件致相關立法局議員就有關報導作出回應,期望事件得到更正面的處理。

Thanks Sze for her support.  A letter in Chinese to the involved LC member requesting the response to the news is drafted with a hope of more positive follow up.

Notwithstanding the prompt and positive reply from the Legislative Council Secretariat, it is disappointing that the involved LC member does not respond to the news despite repeated requests. It  highlights not only a constructive driving force that can be created from a society representing the group caring our nature, but also an individual's plausibility in conservation and indifference to issues with little political value. 

縱使立法局秘書處迅速及積極回覆,相關議員雖然被多次要求仍拒絕回應實在令人失望。這凸顯不單代表著關心我們生境的組織能發揮的建設性推動力量,及個別對保育之巧言和對政治價值低的事件之冷漠。

[ Last edited by nfelix at 12/05/2011 23:24 ]

經過兩次電郵及再去信立法會議員陳克勤先生後,終於今晚(5月12日)接獲電郵回覆如下,但仍是未就所要求對拍攝鳥巢及幼鳥、雀鳥拍攝者的操守和香港野生雀鳥的保護作出回應。
After sending two emails and a follow up letter to the Legislative Councilor Hon. Gary Chan Hak-kan, an email reply was received tonight (12th May) and a short summary in English is given as below. However, there is still no response to the requested issues including taking photos of active nest sites and the juvenile, practices of the bird photographer and protection of wild birds in HK.

閣下於5月2日的來信收悉。
感謝 閣下對在立法會大樓築巢的紅耳鵯的關心。

本人較早前未收過 閣下的電郵查詢,這可能涉及電郵系統故障。
就有關4月中明報的報導,當天本人發現紅耳鵯的鳥巢後,已立即通知立法會秘書處,提醒要小心勿干擾鳥巢及雛鳥。

在此再次感謝 閣下的意見,謝謝

立法會議員
陳克勤  啟

立法會陳克勤議員辦事處
Office of legislative councilor Hon. Gary Chan Hak-kan

(Short summary of the reply):
"Your letter dated 2nd May is acknowledged and your concern of the Crested Bulbul nested in the Legislative Council Building is appreciated.

I did not receive any of your email probably due to the failure system.  Regarding the news in mid-April, I notified the Legislative Council Secretariat immediately after my discovery of the nest and reminded to avoid disturbance to the nest as well as the juvenile."

Thread