Thread
Print

breeding White Wagtails

breeding White Wagtails

The distribution and preferred habitat of breeding White Wagtails is relatively little known away from the northwest NT. It is now the time when males are in song or even, as in the case of a pair in the garden of the small residential estate in Tai Po where I live, feeding young. It would be interesting if sightings of undoubtedly breeding birds could be posted in order that we get a clearer idea of its distribution.

Remember there are also White Wagtails moving through at this time of year, so be sure that your birds are in song or showing other sings of breeding activity. Describe also the habitat in which they occur.

Geoff

Geoff,

An old record. Around July in mid 1990s (either 1995 or 1996) at Chai Wan, HK island. A newly-fledged juv was fed by parents. The Bird Report has listed this sighting.

Captain

Breeding White Wagtails

Geoff,

Today at Constellation Cove, Tai Po Kau, I was surprised to see a recently fledged White Wagtail being fed by an adult leucopsis as the date is very early. It seems resident leucopsis are early breeders if conditions are right.

I logged them here last summer as breeders but not so early in the year.

Mike

Thread