Thread
Print

Collared crows - no photo

Collared crows - no photo

Since we moved to our house in Sai Kung in 2009 I have regularly seen a pair of Collared crows and I assume they are resident although I have seen no evidence of breeding. One was in an intense 'dog fight' with a Black kite this morning. Normally I only see Collared crows around the NW NT so I hope these two stay. Also yesterday our first barn swallows of the season appeared and are flying around again this morning. We hope they will nest in our garage again this year  :-)

Have you seen they carrying twigs or other nesting materials? This could be a good sign of possible breeding.

other from NWNT, collared crow are sometimes seen in coastal area in HK.
Sai Kung is not a new place for this species.
breeding is highly suspected if you say it stay around the whole summer.
you may check at late summer if any juvenile emerge, given that it is quite difficult to find their nest.

Gary

No sign of nesting material but I watch all the time. Would be nice to see some juveniles.

There is a small group of around 2-3 Collared Crows in hillside area near North Point/Quarry Bay. The group has been there for several years. And as I remember one year (forgot the exact year), only 2 collared crows were seen in spring/early summer and then 3 were seen in late summer. However, I don't know how to id whether it is adult or juv.

I just saw 2 of them carrying wigs last Friday.

I am seeing a single Collared Crow regularly along the tide line at Nai Chung. The Sai Kung birds are still regular here.

At Tseung Kwan O,,,,,we can see the collared crows regularly also,,,,,!!

I also saw a Collared Crow in the harbour area of North Point from the Island Eastern Corridor on 8th Dec 2013.

Up to 4 collard crows have regularly been seen flying over in the village (Tai Peng) on Lamma Island recently
who sit and watch...

Thread