Thread
Print

Siberian Thrush

Siberian Thrush

The well photographed Sibe Thrush at Shing Mun, 2 Jan 2013. For the technicians: Canon 1DX, 800/5.6, f11, 1/60, ISO800, minor crop to centre the bird. Health warning: if you are of a nervous disposition do not read the following - lured to an introduced perch, fill flash at -2. Authors note: no Siberian Thrushes were harmed in the production of this picture.

Amazingly Wilson Parking did not turn up during the course of this photo shoot. They were probably dealing with some major terrorist incident at the Airport North Interchange roundabout.

I did try to drive around the barrier at Shing Mun but the clever ba....ds have put obstructions on either side so I guess they really mean it (for Wilson Parking - I'm just joking).

[ Last edited by hmartin at 3/01/2013 13:26 ]

Attachment

use-this.jpg (65.03 KB)

3/01/2013 12:34

use-this.jpg

Wonderful shot. Well done, Martin!

good shot

Happy New Year Martin

funny statement!

Gorgeous photo !

Canon EOS-1DX really great gear for birding.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnyu9339

Thanks guys.

Andy, how come I never run into you any more? Probably I need to get out more. BTW love your website, sign me up for some lessons some time! Happy New Year.

Lexusjohn, agreed the 1DX is pretty awesome (but then it should be at that price). For those contemplating getting one, the AI servo autofocus is indeed much better than that of the 1D4, not perfect but much better. The high ISO performance also noticeably better. I'm still using the 1D4 for "reach" due the crop factor, but using the 1DX in HK more than I thought I would.

[ Last edited by hmartin at 3/01/2013 18:08 ]

Your sarcasm makes me laugh...Great shot anyway!

A nice photo, Martin!
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

Thanks Peter and lchunfal.

What are the three certainties of a motorists life in HK? Death, Taxes and Wilson Parking (some non car owners may not get that one). The influence of Wilson Parking in HK is now so far reaching that the next time you dial 999 expect the operator to ask you if you want Police, Ambulance, Fire Service or Wilson Parking?

OK, got that out of my system so I'll move on now.

[ Last edited by hmartin at 3/01/2013 21:21 ]

Thread