Thread
Print

[China] Taiwan (Anmashan and Taipei) 台灣 (鞍馬山及台北)

Taiwan (Anmashan and Taipei) 台灣 (鞍馬山及台北)

Anmashan 鞍馬山 4/03/07 to 7/03/07

These red berries of the famous Many-seed Idesia 山桐子 (Idesia polycarpa Maxim)at 23.5k attract not only beautiful birds but also local and overseas bird photographers.

When we arrived at Anmashan, only a small quantity of these red berries was left and the no. of bird species present had greatly reduced.

Vivid Niltava and the red berries 黃腹琉璃和山桐子
[I]

Vivid Niltava 黃腹琉璃 - male

Vivid Niltava 黃腹琉璃- female

White-Eared Sibia 白耳畫眉

White-Eared Sibia 白耳畫眉

Eurasian Siskin 黃雀

Green Pigeon 綠鳩

The weather was poor during our trip to Anmashan. There was not only continuous rain, most of the time the high altitiude regions were covered by heavy fogs. Visibility was sometimes less than 10 metres.

Formosan Laughing Thrush 金翼白眉

Red-Headed Tit  紅頭山雀

Brown Bullfinch 褐鷽

Collared Bush Robin 栗背林鴝

Formosan Barwing  紋翼畫眉

Steer's Liocichla  黃胸藪眉

Formosan Yuhina  冠羽畫眉

Rufous-Faced Warbler  棕臉鶲鶯

Taipei 臺北 (Daan Park 大安森林公園 &  Botanical Garden 植物圉) 9/03/07 to 10/03/07

Red Turtle Dove  火斑鳩

Oriental Turtle Dove  山斑鳩

Grey Treepie  樹鵲

Black-Naped Monarch 黑枕藍鶲, male

Black-Naped Monarch 黑枕藍鶲, female

Muller's Barbet  五色鳥

great ! you made it there  

I have see Grey Treepie  but don't got the photo .

I have't meet  Black-Naped Monarch

rain should get more bird there  :wink:

http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=331705&highlight=

hi cherry,
it is a great series of TW birds report.  thanks for sharing!

oLDcaR

Cherry,

It's cool and open our eyes~~ Thanks~~

Sammy

Cherry,

Nice to meet you today. It reminds me to look again this outstanding  bird photo series taken at Taiwan. The "Formosan Laughing Thrush" is the best in the series  in my opinion.  

Wing

Very nice photos!  :  Thank you for the report!

Thanks to Hendrix, Kenny, Sammy, Winnie and Mr. Chan Chak Wing.

Thanks to Hendrix again for the useful advice and information about bird photo taking at Anmashan.

It's very nice to meet Mr. Chan, an expert in photography. I hope Mr. Chan will share with us  more of his knowledge and experience in photography.

Great photos!

I wonder if there are any birding sites in Taipei that you can recommend, I mean those that are not too difficult to get to (like some large parks or reserves within or near the city area?) and can see the birds with a binocular.

Botanical Garden and Yangmingshan National Park are places that I would like to recommend. Yeliou is good in bird migration seasons. Wulai can be good but not in summer.

I will not recommend HuaJiang Waterfowl Nature Park if you are not going to bring a spotting scope there.

Thread