Thread
Print

[Oversea] Message from a French student on Reed Parrobill 震旦鸦雀

Message from a French student on Reed Parrobill 震旦鸦雀

Message from a French student on Reed Parrobill  震旦鸦雀

Dear Mister,

I am a french student in master degree. I currently focus my research on the 震旦鸦雀 (Paradoxornis heudei) at the East China Normal University of Shanghai. I am a student of professor 王小明. In order to update information about the 震旦鸦雀 distribution within China, Mongolia and Russia, I would collect informations concerning this species (location, dates of observation, habitats, population size and the names of observers). Objectives is creations of data bases on the species and distributions map in China, Mongolia and Russia. Could Hong Kong Bird Watching Society send me some informations on this species or names of observers I could get in contact? Thank you very much for your contribution.

I have join some documents proving I achieve researches at East China Normal University.  

Best regards

我是一名法国的硕士生.我最近在上海华东师范大学做有关震旦鸦雀的研究.为了搞清楚震旦鸦雀在中国,蒙古和俄罗斯的分布,我想收集以下有关该物种的信息(发现地点,观察的时间,栖息地,种群数量和观察者的姓名).如果你有相关的信息,希望您能联系我,我也很愿意交流我的结果.

非常感谢!

Anthony Boulord
My e-mail address: boulord.anthony@voila.fr

Reed Parrotbills can easily be seen at Dong Tan Reserve of Chong Ming Island, Shanghai.

Suggest Anthony Boulord to liaise with the local Shanghai birdwatchers community for help.

http://www.wwfchina.org/bbs/shanghai.htm

There is a group of research students of FuDan University residing at Chong Ming Island that he can get in touch with as well.

From Jimmy Ng ( member of HKBWS, now residing in Shanghai )

PS> the Shanghai Wild Bird Society members used to have gathering at the East China Normal University. Suggest he can stop by Room 416 of the Library of East China Normal University ( office of 上海绿洲) and asking for Ms. Kang, if needed.

For China Northeast, there are 2 sites with breeding Reed Parrotbill that we "heard" of. They are Shuangtaizi (雙台子)Nature reserve in Laoning Province and Xingkaihu (興凱湖)Nature reserve in Heilongjiang Province (bordering with Russia)

We've been to Xingkaihu in June, 2001, but at that time we did not see any Parrotbill when most of the reed bed were "harvested".

Alex and Catherine Choi

Thread