Thread
Print

[Owls] how to upload pictures, please

how to upload pictures, please

I try to upload through Facebook, Google drive and directly from my files, all failed.  
Please advise.

[ Last edited by cherine at 7/11/2016 17:35 ]

Please follow instruction of the Forum user guide at:  http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/viewthread.php?tid=16761
HKBWS Office
香港觀鳥會 辦事處

I did. First uploaded my photo direct but it said the image was too big. Then I tried to create links through different sources such as Facebook and Google Drive, also failed. May I know how I can upload pictures as the other members do?

All users here based on the user guide for their upload.

Upload photo as attachment has a limitation of photo size of 200K per photo for HKBWS member (but 100K only for non-member forum user).   So re-size your photo to below 200K first.

If using link, please make sure you link is the URL, which can be obtained by right-click your photo in your online album. It's not the link copied from your browser.   If you're not sure, please PM me the URL.

Hope that it helps.
Quote:
Original posted by cherine at 7/11/2016 20:17
I did. First uploaded my photo direct but it said the image was too big. Then I tried to create links through different sources such as Facebook and Google Drive, also failed. May I know how I can upl ...
HKBWS Office
香港觀鳥會 辦事處

Hi, this is my experience for uploading my son's pictures last night for your easy reference.

Steps:
1)Upload the pic to the Facebook;
2)Download it to your computer from the Facebook;
3)Upload it to the Forum; and
4)If the size of the pic is still over 200kb, screenshot your pic in your cell phone, corp the bird, save it to your Gallery and then repeat Steps 1-3.

Honestly speaking, the quality of the pics are far from satisfaction, but I consider them quite successfully since they were taken by a 7-year old boy who has used the camera for 3 times only.

Hope the above experience is useful.

Have a nice day

Thank you to you all!
I created an account in Flickr and successfully made my first attempt to upload 2 photos

Thread