Thread
Print

米埔各設施暫時關閉 Temp. closure of all visitor facilities at Mai Po

I was on the reserve on Tuesday and there has been a lot of damage to trees (as in the rest of Hong Kong). I expect it will take reserve staff some time to work through the damage and make sure the trees are safe, so thank you to WWF for your efforts. Fortunately there doesn't seem to have been as much damage to the road and bunds as there was in the T10 last summer.

More than seven months from Typhoon Mangkhut, and Hide #3 has still not been reopened. I realise that this was a serious storm, but the lack of action by WWF is very disappointing. This is often a popular hide, giving good views of some of the roosting shorebirds during spring and raptors during winter, often with good light.

Given that WWF will receive several hundreds of millions of dollars to build extra infrastructure, could they not have spent a small proportion of this to repair and enhance existing infrastructure on the reserve?
And if they can't cope with repairs to existing hides, how can we trust that they will cope with future typhoon damage to the new tower hides?

Attachment

20190420_103908.jpg (984.75 KB)

21/04/2019 07:40

20190420_103908.jpg

Thread