Thread
Print

Survey Results at Sai Kung Tern Island 西貢燕鷗島調查結果

Survey Results at Sai Kung Tern Island 西貢燕鷗島調查結果

Breeding at the Tern Island at Sai Kung was a great success last year.
The prospect looked very promising at the beginning of this season,
breeding of Black-napeds and Roseates have completely failed by the end of June.
The Bridleds followed soon after.
While the cause is not known,  human disturbance is one of the suspects,
particularly when some people claimed they would "always land on islands to shoot birds".

位於西貢的燕鷗島去年繁殖非常成功,今年季初看來也很樂觀,
可是到了六月底黑枕和粉紅便已完全失敗,而褐翅不久亦步其後塵。
雖然原因未明,人為干擾是可能因素之一,尤其是有人聲稱要「專登島打鷗」。

今日重未走..重有三四十隻 西貢

請問牠們有沒有降落?
留了多久?

[quote:9f3536dfd4="calan"]請問牠們有沒有降落?
留了多久?[/quote]
yes 有降落!!!  i don't Know how long !!!because i go out billabong!!!!

I don't know the site, but from what I've been reading, I guess there is no restrictions to human access on the island.  Would this be something worth propsing to AFCD or would that throw up a whole range of other issues?

I also notice that bird numbers (Black-naped and Roseates) are down significantly from results of last years surveys. Are birds breeding on other islands in the vicinity or have they not returned this year? Are the figures a count of actual numbers of birds or breeding pairs/nests?

Q: I don't know the site, but from what I've been reading, I guess there is no restrictions to human access on the island. Would this be something worth propsing to AFCD or would that throw up a whole range of other issues?

A: Since 2003, we have been proposing to AFCD to close the largest tern island (not the one here) in Hong Kong during the breeding season.  The answer is that the government will not make laws that they can't enforce.

早自 2003 年起我們便要求漁護署在繁殖季節將本港最大的燕鷗島(不是這裡說的那個)列為禁區,當局的答案是政府不會訂立不能執行的法例。

Q: I also notice that bird numbers (Black-naped and Roseates) are down significantly from results of last years surveys. Are birds breeding on other islands in the vicinity or have they not returned this year?

A: A new colony was established in southern waters this year (see photos posted here from Sunday).  Perhaps some of the birds have gone there.
今年本港南部水域有一個新燕鷗島(見自星期日起貼在這裡的照片),有些鳥可能到了那處繁殖。

Q: Are the figures a count of actual numbers of birds or breeding pairs/nests?

A: The counts are actual numbers of birds seen.  The number of nests were estimated to be at least 10 Bridled,  8 Black-napeds and 1 Roseate.

圖表顯示在島上見到鳥的數目,估計島上的燕鷗巢最少約為褐翅 10,黑枕 8 ,粉紅 1。

27-8-2007
西貢 13 隻Bridled Tern 褐翅燕鷗
香港南區要唔要知啊五月至七月?

謝謝報告,
等牠們全部離開之後才公開吧!

請多多支持「不登島」,
要和「專登島」劃清界線啊!

Thread