Thread
Print

[China] Sad news - illegal hunting in Shanghai 上海有人非法捕鳥

My point of view on action on illegal bird catching

Hi Jimmy Choi,

I cannot agree in full on your comment that the SHWBS's inactive attitude towards illegal bird catchers; was due to  the close relationship between the shanghai bird watching society and the authority, and the financial support behind that.

Take the RTHK and BBC as an example, they are funded by the government money, but they stand on their own feet when they needed to make a position to speak out; could it be against those who financially funded them. I don't think the SHWBS can reached that "independence" at the moment, together with its "leaders" and members are voluntary in nature.

Being a ordinary member of the HKBWS and SHWBS, and now being residence of both Hongkong and Shanghai ( for some years), I see that more of a reason due to the individual personal attitude of the "leaders" of the SHWBS, and the general public ( including public officers ) understanding on laws and regulations in PRC.

As a ordinary members and bird watchers in Shanghai, I will join the upcoming Saturday event.

http://shwbs.org/swb/read.php?tid=581&fpage=0&toread=&page=1

Cheers from Jimmy Ng / Shanghai

Thread