Thread
Print

[Kingfisher] White-throated Kingfisher

White-throated Kingfisher

Saw him again this afternoon on the way home.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Jan 10, 2008pm
Swar 80ATS, 30x, Nikon P5100
ISO 200

Attachment

DSCN1168c.jpg (0 Bytes)

10/01/2008 18:22

DSCN1168c.jpg

Peter,

This shot is a lot better than your earlier one, you are starting to get more detail in the whites, digiscoping takes some time to perfect but you seem to be getting the hang of it very quickly

Bob

[quote:6d37c92d45="tbob"]Peter,

This shot is a lot better than your earlier one, you are starting to get more detail in the whites, digiscoping takes some time to perfect but you seem to be getting the hang of it very quickly

Bob[/quote]

Thanks for viewing and giving comments.
Fun digiscoping. Again, I have to thank you and Wing for taking the time to tell me how to solve the vignetting problem which comes into being when the fieldscope and the lens of the DC are slightly off the central axis.
Now that the alightment is in order, I may be able to make exposure compensation more precisely.
But still, Wing's advice is an all-time truth: that when the light is too strong, preserving the details in the white may turn out to be a very tough job.
And obviously for today's, the sky was overcast and control over details has turned out to be much easier.
By the way, it is good being constructively criticised on 'details in the white', for it is this good-will judgment that drives many an amateur like me on to excel themselves in the skill of photography.

Thread