Print

[Egrets] Reef Egret

Reef Egret

Lamma Island

21st June 2008

Digiscoped using a Canon A590 IS and Swarovski ATS 80HD scope & 30x eyepiece

Bob

[ Last edited by tbob at 29/06/2008 10:15 ]

Just love the folds of blue at the back flowing down from the top, which match so gracefully with the plumage of this reef egret. The posture was well captured and is elegant. Serenity is also another factor that caused me to stop by and take a closer look.
A question for advice: Is it easy to use the Canon toy with your Swarovski fieldscope?
Peter

[ Last edited by lwingkay at 23/06/2008 16:17 ]

Peter,

The Canon A590 IS works well with the 20-60x, 30x and 45x eyepieces of the Swarovski ATS 80HD scope. My only concerns are the camera LCD is very difficult to see in bright sunlight and the camera appears to be made of a plastic material and I don't know if it will stand up to a lot of digiscoping. I bought the camera and lens adaptor at the Wanchai Computer Mall for HK$1410, so the price is good. You also need a DCA to go from the lens adaptor to fit around the eyepieces.

Bob

This is another shot from yesterday

[ Last edited by tbob at 22-6-2008 05:35 ]

Dear Bob,
Are there any flexible spots for doing focusing on the A590? If affirmative, how many spots are there all together?
Peter

Peter,

I couldn't find any flexible focussing spots. I have given up on using the camera for digiscoping, the lens adaptor tube tends comes off the camera very easily and it is necessary to tie the camera to the eyepiece so the camera doesn't fall on the ground. I have thought about "super glueing" the adaptor to the camera to prevent it falling off.

Although it works very well with all my eyepieces, I don't think it will stand up to a lot of digiscoping. My Nikon 8400 is as solid as a rock when connect to the DCA and I have no fears of it falling onto the ground.

Bob

Dear Bob,
Heartfelt thanks for the patience of detailing your experience with A590.
Regards,
Peter

Thread