Thread
Print

[Falcons] Peregrine Falcon 游隼

Peregrine Falcon 游隼

Peregrine Falcon 游隼
13-AUG-2008
Location Kowloon City
Equipment : Canon 10D, 100-400IS

Woke up this morning and found this raptor enjoying his breakfast outside my window

Hello to all old friends It's been a long long time since I posted my last bird photos.... almost 2 years ago

Welcome back!

Can you tell what was its prey?

what was it eating--
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

Quote:
Original posted by BWA at 13/08/2008 21:58
Welcome back!

Can you tell what was its prey?
It was hard to tell.  Judging from the size and the black/white feathers flying around, it appears to be a male magpie robin

Some of the photos are more bloody.  Anyone interested to further examine the prey?

[ Last edited by cchinkeung at 13/08/2008 22:11 ]

Quote:
Original posted by cchinkeung at 13/08/2008 22:06

It was hard to tell.  Judging from the size and the black/white feathers flying around, it appears to be a male magpie robin

Some of the photos are more bloody.  Anyone interested t ...
I am interested
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

This is an excellent series of photo documenting this lovely falcon eating its breakfest.  Thank you and welcome back.

HF Cheung

Thanks all for the comments!!!!

I further examined the photos.  It appears now that the prey may not be a magpie robin afterall.  The size of the bone (leg?) suggest that the prey may be as large as the falcon.  Maybe the prey is a raptor or a common magpie?

[ Last edited by cchinkeung at 13/08/2008 23:37 ]

Welcome back!  and Great series!
Would that possibly be a spotted dove? The feather colour looks a bit greyish or is it just color difference of the monitor?

Quote:
Original posted by HKBWS Officer at 14/08/2008 10:34
Welcome back!  and Great series!
Would that possibly be a spotted dove? The feather colour looks a bit greyish or is it just color difference of the monitor?
Some feathers of the prey are grey and some are darker

The length of the feathers of the prey appears to be comparable to that of the peregrine falcon

And the shoulder/wing bone of the prey is very strong too

The peregrine falcon looked at me too

哈哈,比遊準發現 小心變成甜品

會否是家鴉?

Thread