BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. May 17th, 2024, 7:29am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Birding Reports & Tips 觀鳥報告及心得
(Moderators: Webcreeper, BBS Moderators)
   White-collared Yuhina
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: White-collared Yuhina  (Read 676 times)
Koel_Ko
BBS Member
BBS God

I love birds!!

White-collared Yuhina
« on: Jan 1st, 2003, 7:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Today at Kowloon Park 2 presumed White-collared Yuhina (Yuhina diademata) are in the Chinese Gardens. The tails are largely abraded, indicative of captive origin. The two birds are slightly smaller than the Bulbuls nearby and have obvious silvery-white crests and black lores. Any comments on the two birds, verification or correction, are welcomed.  
Furthermore 3 Chestnut-tailed Starlings are seen in the tree near the maze. Are they breeding there?  
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2003, 7:51pm by Koel_Ko » Logged
gjcarey
BBS Member
BBS God

Email

Re: White-collared Yuhina
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 1:38pm »

If you look in 'The Avifauna of Hong Kong', you'll see that a pair of Chestnut-tailed Starlings took up residence in Kowloon Park from 1994 to at least 1996. Although there have been no reports since then, they may well have been present all the time, with nobody reporting them.

Please submit records of both the starlings and and the yuhinas to the Records Committee for verification, preferably using the report form available on the website. I'm afraid it is not possible for the Records Committee to provide any formal verification of either record on this bulletin board.

Many thanks,

Geoff
Kestrel
BBS Member
BBS Full Member

I love Kestrel!

Email

Re: White-collared Yuhina
« Reply #2 on: Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:12pm »

I've seen a flock before out side the chinese gardan one years ago, people said that they are breeding there, they will make a nest in side a tree hole, but I haven't see them any more after that .
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.