BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | ¤¤¤å
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Apr 29th, 2024, 12:16pm

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ
   Special Topics ¯S§O¥DÃD
   Black-eared Kite »ð(³ÂÆN)
(Moderators: Karin, BBS Moderators, YIP Chi Lap [Beta])
   ­»´ä½àÆN (Black kite watching in Hong Kong)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ­»´ä½àÆN (Black kite watching in Hong Kong)  (Read 2138 times)
isaac_chan
BBS Member
BBS God

Praise the Creator for His amazing works!

­»´ä½àÆN (Black kite watching in Hong Kong)
« on: Dec 1st, 2003, 9:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://www.dcview.com/gallery/showmsg.asp?msgid=224688&posit=1

I upload one of the picture here.  

³Ìªñ­»´ä¬Y¹qµø¥x¼½¥X¤@¿è¤¶²Ð­»´ä³ÂÆNªº¸`¥Ø. ÁöµM¦Û¤v¨S¦³¾÷·|¦¬¬Ý, ¦ý¤]µÞ¥Í°_½àÆNªº©ÀÀY¨Ó. ·í®É¤wª¾¹D¬O¦b­»´ä®qªº°¨¤v¥P®lªþªñ, ¥i±¤¥¼¯à½T©w¬O¦b­þ¤@¦ì¸m. ¨ä«á¦bÆ[³¾·|ªº·s»D²Õ¤¤¸ß°Ý, ¤~ª¾¹D³Ì¨Îªº½àÆN¦ì¸m¬O¦b¤s³»¹D»P¹´çĹD¤À¶×ªº¸ô¤f, ¦Ó®É¶¡³Ì¦n¬O±á¦­©Î¶À©ü¤é¸¨«e. ·í°_ÂI½T»{¤F«á, «K§ä¤@¤Ñªºªñ¶À©ü®É¶¡¬Ý¬Ý.

§Ú¨ì¹Fªº®É­Ô¤w¬Oªñ¤U¤È¤­®É, ¤@²³³ÂÆN¤w¶}©l¨e­Ìªº»E·|. °_ªì¦³¤G¤Q¦hÀY³ÂÆN¦bªÅ¤¤­¸µ¾, ·í®É¶¡·U¨Ó·U±ß, ³ÂÆNªº¼Æ¶q´N·U¨Ó·U¦h, ¥i¯à¦h¹F¹L¦ÊÀY³ÂÆN. ¨e­Ì»E¶°, ¤@°_­¼®ð¬y¦bªÅ¤¤½L±Û, ¼Æ¶q¦h±o¦n¹³¬Ý¨£®ð¬y¤@¯ë, ¬Û·íºë±m. ¤Î¦Ü¤é¸¨¦è¤s, ¤@²³³ÂÆN¤~¨Ì¨Ì¤£±ËªºÂ÷¥h.

»¡¦^©çÄá. ¥Ñ©ó³o¬O§Ú¥¿¦¡ªº¸Õ©ç­¸³¾, ¦¹¦æ¤]¥u©êµÛ¹Á¸Õªº¤ß±¡©çÄá. ¤@¶}©l«K¹Á¸Õ¤â°Ê¹ïµJ¨Ó®·®»­¸ªº¸ûªñªº³ÂÆN, ¨ä«á¦A¸Õ³sÄò¦Û°Ê¹ïµJ (AF-C). ¥i±¤¤Ñ¦â¤w±ß, ¥ú«×¤£¨¬, §Y¨Ï¥¿½T¹ïµJ¤]¤£¯à¸ÉÀvºC§Öªùªº¾_°Ê, ¥H­P AF-C ªº·Ó¤ù·|³£½k±¼.

¦b³oùضK¥Xªº¥þ³£¬O¤â°Ê¹ïµJªº.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2003, 10:12pm by Sophia » Logged

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Etta
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

Re: ­»´ä½àÆN (Black kite watching in Hong Kong)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:28pm »

°Ú¡A¤@°¦º}«Gªº³ÂÀ³¥®³¾¡I

ÁÂÁ·Ӥù©M¤å³¹¤À¨É¡I

Etta

isaac_chan
BBS Member
BBS God

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18th, 2004, 1:45am »

Thanks Etta. I am planning to go again in winter when there are more kites gathering.

I just reviewed the photos I took that day. Most of the kites were juveniles, is that normal?

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Etta
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21st, 2004, 11:06am »

Dear Isaac,

Magazine Gap is one of the two major and traditional Black Kite night roost locations (another one is the Stonecutters Island).  Black Kites usually have their dusk assembly before rest, this include some Kite juveniles that's fledged from about June and join the assembly gradually.

To my observation, the juveniles are playful, sometimes they soar together, grab and play... it's a great pleasure to watch! It's also a good chance to monitor their population during the assembly, a good reference for knowing the Kite breeding status.  Not all juveniles gathered at Magazine Gap though.

Did you remember the highest count of the Kite juveniles in that day?

Happy Kite watching!

Cheers,
Etta  
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2004, 11:08am by Etta » Logged
isaac_chan
BBS Member
BBS God

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21st, 2004, 12:55pm »

I don't know how to count them...

Etta
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 5:20pm »

on Sep 21st, 2004, 12:55pm, isaac_chan wrote:
I don't know how to count them...

Hm... imagine that you're a snapshot camera, use your binoculars (if any) and hold your breathe, start count (shot) from your shoulder left or vice versa, simply from one direction to another. Scan the whole scene carefully, capture any Kite you sighted, circle a 360 degree back to the start point.  Simultaneously, the invisible 'counter' in your mind run and track.  This almost is the counting method.  Of course, better know the flying behaviour of the Kites.  For instance, count when the roosting Kite pour to a wind current.

But firstly, you should know how to identify a Kite juvenile. Your attached photograph helps!  

Etta
isaac_chan
BBS Member
BBS God

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 7:53pm »

I prefer to bring a wide angle DC with me......

Etta
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #7 on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:16am »

Good idea, just try!  

Etta
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·|
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.