BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | ¤¤¤å
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. May 9th, 2024, 2:39am

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ
   Discussion Area °Q½×°Ï
   Conservation ¦ÛµM«O¨|
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, Webcreeper)
   140+ mudskipper collectors in Deep Bay! 140+ ªá³½¨Ð!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 140+ mudskipper collectors in Deep Bay! 140+ ªá³½¨Ð!  (Read 1340 times)
Mike Kilburn
Committee Member
BBS God

140+ mudskipper collectors in Deep Bay! 140+ ªá³½¨Ð!
« on: Jun 24th, 2006, 1:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This afternoon 140+ mudskipper collectors were seen in Deep Bay. At least 30 of these were inside the boundary of the Ramsar site.  

Also, fishing nets had been laid on the mud below the Marine Poilce Post at Tsim Bei Tsui.

As usual the Marine Police did nothing.  

The AFCD hovercraft was also seen out on the mud and passing the mudskipper collectors and also did nothing.

It seems the Ramsar site and the protection promised by the Hong Kong Government is completely meaningless when no enforcement is done by the relevant authorities.

What a waste of taxpayers' money to pay for the enforcement bodies (AFCD and Marine Police) who fail to defend our borders and uphold our responsibility to an international treaty. This last part is indeed  is a shameful disgrace on Hong Kong.

Today was 140. How many will there be tomorrow or next week because this problem has not been solved while it was still a small problem?

What is the Government going to do about this problem which has continued for many years?  

For more information on this issue please see  another article on this problem on page 6 of Bulletin no 199 (the most recent issue)

Mike K

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2006, 3:28pm by Webcreeper » Logged

Mike Kilburn
Vice Chairman
Chairman - ConservationCommittee
HKBWS
Little Dolphin
BBS Member
BBS God

Man and Nature, harmony forever

Email

Re: 140+ mudskipper collectors in Deep Bay!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 9:20am »

Just plain horrible...

To force the Marine Police to do something, I think the Society should lodge a formal complaint to the Complaints Against Police Office, or even stronger, to the Office of the Ombudsman. In my opinion the case is pretty much indefensible for them.

Rex

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
--- John Donne (1572-1631)
²`ÂÅ Owen
BBS Administrator

LOVE KINGFISHER~!

339353245 339353245    

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 10:25am »

what a shame to those Tsim Bei Tsui POLICE OFFICER~!
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2006, 10:28am by ²`ÂÅ Owen » Logged

BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 2:54pm »

140+ !

I thought you were talking about egrets!

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2006, 2:55pm by Webcreeper » Logged

¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@>}o-}o-¡@¡@¡@>}o-¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@>}o-¡@¡@¡@¡@.......x
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 3:24pm »

Conservation News
February 2006

by Mike Kilburn

Marine Police remain indifferent to mudskipper collectors

On the morning of 4th February 2006, 9 mudskipper collectors from Shenzhen were observed on the Deep Bay mudflats immediately below the Tsim Bei Tsui observation point ¡V inside Hong Kong territory, which is illegal ¡V and has been going on fo a number of years. There can be no doubt that their activities were noted by the Marine Police, who not only have a clear view of the bay from the Police Station, but also sent a boat filled with officers on a circuit of Deep Bay during the time the mudskipper collectors were active in the mud.  

According to the law, by entering Hong Kong territory away from a border control point and without documentation the mudskipper collectors were breaking the law as ¡§illegal border crossers¡¨ ¡V even Hong Kong citizens require a Frontier Closed Area permit issued by the Police to enter such areas!. However, the Marine Police did nothing until the incident was reported by phone to the 999 call centre. During this time the rising tide covered the mud and the mudskipper collectors returned to their boat (which had been moored in plain view along the channel used by the police boat) and began motoring back towards Shenzhen.

Following the call a Marine Police boat was sent to intercept the mudskipper collectors, and the police reported that they checked the identities of the illegal border crossers (this was observed to occur through a telescope). In the discussion of the incident with the police the following disturbing exchange took place. It was also explained that the fishermen were warned they should not return within 24 hours.

Question: Does this imply it is acceptable to cross the border illegally once every 24 hours?
Answer:¡@ No.

Question: Is it illegal if they cross the border after 24 hours has elapsed
Answer:¡@ Yes.

Question: What will the police do?
Answer:¡@ If they repeatedly cross the border illegally they will be arrested

Question: If it is established that they are illegal border crossers why were they not arrested immediately?
Answer:¡@ They did not know they had entered Hong Kong.

Incredibly, the Marine Police accepted this as a reason to take no further action except to issue the warning not to return within 24 hours.  

... ...
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2006, 3:26pm by Webcreeper » Logged

Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 3:27pm »

¦ÛµM«O¨|®ø®§
¤G¹s¹s¤»¦~¤G¤ë

§d±Ó

¤ôĵ·Ó¤£ºÞ«Dªk³½¥Á

¤G¹s¹s¤»¦~¤G¤ë¥|¤é¦­±á¡A¦³¤H¨£¨ì¤E­Ó±q²`¦`¹L¨Ó®·¼u¶î³½ªºº®¥Á¦b¦Z®üÆWªdÅy¥X²{¡A¦aÂI¬O¦y»ó¼LÆ[´º³Bªº¥¿¤U¤è¡C¥Ñ¦a³B¥»´ä½d³ò¡A¦]¦¹º®¥Á°µªº¬O¹Hªk¦æ¬°¡A¦Ó¥B¤w¸g«ùÄò¤F¦h¦~¡C¤ôĵµLºÃª¾¹D³o¨Ç¬¡°Ê¡A±qĵ¸p¥i¥H­ÁÀý¾ã­Ó¦Z®üÆW¡A¦Ó¥B·íº®¥Á¦bªdÅy¤W¬¡°Êªº®É­Ô¡A¤@¿´¸üº¡Äµ­ûªº²î´¿¸gÀô¶¦Z®üÆW¨µÅÞ¤@¶g¡C

®·®»¼u¶î³½ªºº®¥Á¨Ã«D±q¨üºÞ¨îªºÃä¹Ò¤f©¤¶i¤J¥»´ä¡A¦P®É¤S¨S¦³³q¦æÃÒ¡A®Ú¾Ú¥» ´äªk¨Ò¡A¬O¹Hªkªº¡u«Dªk¤J¹ÒªÌ¡v¡C´Nºâ¬O¥»´ä©~¥Á­n¶i¤J¨º¨Ç¦a¤è¡A¤]»Ý­n¨ú±o ĵ¤èµo¥XªºÃä¬É¸T°Ï³q¦æµý¡I¥i¬O¤ôĵ¨Ã¨S¦³±Ä¨ú¦æ°Ê¡Aª½¨ì¦³¤H­P¹q999³ø®×¤¤ ¤ßÁ|³ø¤~°Ê¤â¡A³o®É¤Wº¦ªº¼é¤ô¤w¸g²T¨S¤FªdÅy¡Aº®¥Áµn¤W¥L­Ìªº¾÷°Ê¤p¸¥¡]´Nô  ¦b¤ôĵ¨µÅÞªº¤ô¹D®Ç¡Aĵ­ûÀ³¸Ó¥i¥H²M·¡¨£¨ì¡^¡A±Òµ{ªð¦^²`¦`¡C

¤ôĵ¦¬¨ì³ø§i«á¬£²îÄdºIº®¥Á¡A¨ÃºÙ¤w¸g¬d®Ö¤F«Dªk¤J¹ÒªÌªº¨­¥÷¡]³oÂI§Ú­Ì¦b±æ »·Ã褤¨£¨ì¡^¡C¥H¤U¬O¨Æ«á§Ú­Ì©M¤ôĵ¥æ½Íªº¬ö¿ý¡A¤º®e¥O¤H®ðµ²¡A¤ôĵ»¡¤w¸gĵ §i¤F¨º¨Çº®¥Á¤£­n¦b24¤p®É¤§¤º¦A¨Ó¡C

°Ý¡G¡@³o¼Ë»¡¬O§_ªí¥Ü¥L­Ì¥i¥H¨C24¤p®É«Dªk¶i¤J¥»´ä¤@¦¸¡H
µª¡G¡@¤£¬O¡C

°Ý¡G¡@¦pªG¥L­Ì¦b24¤p®É«á¦A¶i¤J¥»´ä¡A¬O§_¹Hªk¡H
µª¡G¡@¬O¡C

°Ý¡G¡@¨º»òĵ¤è·|«ç¼Ë°µ¡H
µª¡G¡@¦pªG¥L­Ì¦h¦¸«Dªk¤J¹Ò¡A·|³Q©ë®·¡C

°Ý¡G¡@¬JµM¤w¸g½T»{¥L­Ì¬O«Dªk¤J¹ÒªÌ¡A¬°¬Æ»ò¤£°¨¤W©ë®·¡H
µª¡G¡@¨º¨Ç¤H¨Ã¤£ª¾¹D¦Û¤v¤w¸g¶i¤J­»´ä½d³ò¡C

¤ôĵ³ºµM·|±µ¨ü³o¼Ëªº¸ÑÄÀ¡A°£¤Fĵ§iº®¥Á24¤p®É¤º¤£­n¦A¨Ó¤§¥~¡A«K¨S¦³¶i¤@¨B ¦æ°Ê¡A²ª½­ê¦i©Ò«ä¡C

... ...
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2006, 3:29pm by Webcreeper » Logged

Sze
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

Re: 140+ mudskipper collectors in Deep Bay! 140+ ª
« Reply #6 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 11:13pm »

­¹¹¡´N(¥Ø°V)ËݦÜin¡I¶}¤ß§Ö¼Ö¨C¤@¤Ñ¡I
http://www.fotop.net/hokszewong
Bob Thompson
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

Re: 140+ mudskipper collectors in Deep Bay! 140+ ª
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28th, 2006, 12:54am »

When reporting these cases to the police, ask them for the Report Book number so that the cases can be oficially followed up.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·|
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.