BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Apr 24th, 2024, 12:34am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   General 一般問題
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, Webcreeper)
   Suggestion for new BBS 對新聞組的建議
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Suggestion for new BBS 對新聞組的建議  (Read 2153 times)
Koren
BBS Member
BBS Full Member

I love bird watching!

Suggestion for new BBS 對新聞組的建議
« on: May 8th, 2006, 5:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I made a couple of previous suggestions about the way that the Bird Reports section is organised, which I hope will be possible with the new BBS. I would like to make an additional suggestion.

It would be nice to have a more comprehensive list, all in one place, of the 'good spots' that people go to. At the moment information about exactly where many of the places are, and how to get there, is scattered among many messages. Sometimes this information isn't even posted with the bird reports. Names of places are not very useful if you have no idea where they are or how to get there! One example - the posting about the Thick-billed Green Pigeon in Lam Tsuen Valley earlier this year. There was a good description posted of exactly where this bird was, but other descriptions of birdwatching spots in this area were less than clear. Golden Triangle? - this isn't on any map. She Shan - I went to this village, but where to go to from there?

This information could be added to the other information on the HKBWS site about birding spots, or as an FAQ on the BBS. It could even be limited to members only, if there is concern about giving too much detail about bird locations.

Cheers, Koren
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2006, 8:53pm by Webcreeper » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.