BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. May 16th, 2024, 9:10pm

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Announcement 簡訊通告
   Outings / Activities 戶外活動 / 講座
(Moderator: BBS Moderators)
   Outings and Locations
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Outings and Locations  (Read 2771 times)
DH
BBS Member
BBS Newbie

I love bird watching!

Re: Outings and Locations
« Reply #15 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 4:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

All
Thanks for your advice.

I heard a news of NIKON 300mm f2.8G VR lens. Is it avaiable in HONG KONG? Does it cost super-expensive? Anyone can share?

DH
isaac_chan
BBS Member
BBS God

Praise the Creator for His amazing works!

« Reply #16 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 5:17pm »

AFS 300/2.8 VR is coming on January 2005. The suggested price is the same as AFS 200/2 VR.

AFS300/4 is light and sharp, you can also add 1.4x to it. But it is still not long enough, except you are planning to wait in bird hide for birds to come close.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Andy_R
BBS Member
BBS Newbie

I'd rather be birding...

Email

Re: Outings and Locations--Directions?
« Reply #17 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 12:43pm »

Sorry to be a pest yet again, but can someone give me more detailed directions on getting to Tung Chung? Message above suggests that I can get on a train from Mong Kok. Is that as easy as it is? Reason I am confused is that people I asked never heard of Tung Chung  
Betty
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #18 on: Nov 12th, 2004, 5:36pm »

Andy_R,

Here is the link for the MTR Station Map
http://www.hk-hotel.com/map_of_hong_kong_mtr_station.htm

Another bigger map but cannot link due to error of the page. Type the following address to view :
http://hk.geocities.com/okglue/mtr.htm

Take the MTR ( the Mass Transit Railway) not KCR ( Kowloon Canton Railway) at Mongkok, change at Lai King, get off at Tung Chung. For the locals, it is as easy as ABC.
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2004, 7:46pm by Betty » Logged
Andy_R
BBS Member
BBS Newbie

I'd rather be birding...

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 10:18am »

Thank you yet again Betty... And it's is indeed easy as ABC for locals. But you have to ask the right question. Seems I was asking for something other than what I thought. At least that's what I am being told. I hope we have good weather tomorrow; am really itching to get out with knowledgable birders.
Andy_R
BBS Member
BBS Newbie

I'd rather be birding...

Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 11:23am »

I just wanted to thank all those I met on the outing. Birds were a bit scarce, but the company was wonderful. I enjoyed myself and hope to be able to join other outings on my future visits here. I'll try to better time them with your scheduled outings  .  

I'd like to keep in touch, so if any of you would like to send me your email address, I'd very much like that. Finally, if any of you are in Toronto, please contact me if you need info.  

Thanks again.
WH Or
BBS Member
BBS Junior Member

I love bird watching!

« Reply #21 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 10:21pm »

I am W.H.OR, Betty's husband. We all got wet shoes on that outing. This was my second time to have wet shoes. The first time was at Mei Po because of heavy raining. It was more worse, I got wet feet too.  Anyway, I enjoyed those outings because of unusal.  Tell us the bird's news in Toronto if you have any updated information.  Please note that Betty has sent you a private message. Bye, keep in touch.
DH
BBS Member
BBS Newbie

I love bird watching!

« Reply #22 on: Nov 18th, 2004, 10:18am »

WH, Betty & all

We would like to express our thanks to you and all the birders in this outing. We enjoy the walk though we get our shoes wet.

We manage to buy our lens as well. We will try it in our next outing at Christmas Island.

DH & HSIU CHUN
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.