BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | ¤¤¤å
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. May 3rd, 2024, 1:43am

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ
   Announcement ²°T³q§i
   Projects ¶µ¥Ø­p¹º
(Moderators: HKBWS Project, BBS Moderators)
   2003 Breeding Tern Survey
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2003 Breeding Tern Survey  (Read 1000 times)
HKBWS Office
BBS Member
BBS God

WWW Email

« on: Feb 9th, 2004, 11:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

With funding from the Environment and Conservation Fund, the Society conducted a "Pilot Project to Increase Awareness of the Ecological Importance of the Breeding Colonies of Terns in Hong Kong" between May to November 2003. This was a first ever project combining environmental research, ecotourism and education using Terns as a medium to increase the public's awareness of seabirds and marine conservation.

Regarding field work, a number of surveys were carried out to collect information on tern breeding sites in Hong Kong. These include 10 regular surveys at Mirs Bay as well as 8 large-scale surveys at the NE, SE and southern waters. HKBWS has also organized 7 demonstration tours to introduce to local environmental groups and tour operators the skills and guidelines for tern watching, and to highlight the importance of breeding sites as well as marine conservation.  

Regarding publications, the Society has published a Guidebook that provides information on terns and guidelines for tern watching. A Code of Practice for watching terns was drawn up and included in the Guidebook. The Project was widely reported in newsletters of hiking groups and local non-government organization. It also appeared as news headline in Ming Pao Daily News on 3 August 2003. Results of the project were documented in the Project Report, which comprises two parts: (I) Monitoring and Surveys for Tern Colonies in Hong Kong and (II) Demonstration Tours: Ecological Education and Ecotourism. The report was completed in last December and submitted to the ECF. Member who would like to take a look please contact the Project Office or the Tern Research Group.

Below is the Code of Practice for watching terns:
  • Do not land on islands where terns breed during the breeding season (May to September). This will disturb the breeding birds and lead to lower breeding success of the colony.
  • Tern-watching activities should be performed in a boat.
  • Avoid making loud noises such as sounding sirens, using loud-hailers and playing loud music.
  • Report any willful disturbance to breeding terns to AFCD (tel.: 2471 4411) immediately. Take photos if situation allows.

2003¦~®L¤Ñªº¿PÅëO¨|­p¹º

­»´äÆ[³¾·|¥h¦~®L¤ÑÀòÀô¹Ò¤Î¦ÛµM«O¨|°òª÷¼·´Ú¡A©ó¤­¤ë¦Ü¤Q¤@¤ë¶i¦æ¤F¤@¶µ¦W¬° ¡u»{ÃÑ­»´äÁc´Þ¿PÅ꺥ͺA¡vªº¸ÕÅç­p¹º¡C³o¬O­»´ä­º­Ó¥H«O¨|¿PÅì°¥DÃD¡Aµ²¦X ³¥¥~½Õ¬d¡B¥ÍºA®È¹C©M±Ð¨|ªº¸ÕÅ綵¥Ø¡A¥Øªº¬O´£°ª¤j²³¹ï®ü³¾©M®ü¬v«O¨|ªº·NÃÑ ¡C

¦b³¥¥~¬¡°Ê¤è­±¡A¿PÅìã¨s²Õ¦b­»´ä¤ô°ì¶i¦æ¤F¦h¦¸½Õ¬d¡A¦¬¶°¿PÅæb¥»´äÁc´Þªº ¸ê®Æ¡A¥]¬A10¦¸©w´Á½Õ¬d©M8¦¸­»´äªF¥_¡BªF«n¤Î«n­±¤ô°ìªº¤j«¬½Õ¬d¡C¦¹¥~¡A¥»· |¤S¬°ºñ¦â¹ÎÅé¡B¦æ¤s²Õ´¡B¥ÍºA¬ã¨s©M¦ÛµM¾É½à­ûÁ|¿ì¤F7­Ó¸ÕÅç¾É½à¬¡°Ê¡A´£°ª °Ñ¥[ªÌ¹ïÁc´Þ¿PÅëO¨|©M®ü¬v¥Í¹Òªº»{ÃÑ¡C

¦b¸ê®Æ¤è­±¡A¥»·|©ó¶µ¥Ø´Á¶¡¥Xª©¤F¤@¥»Ãö©ó­»´ä¿PÅ꺤p¥U¤l¡A¨Ã©ó¡m³¥¥~°Ê¦V ¡nÂø»xµoªí±MÃD¤å³¹¡A¤¶²Ð­»´äªº¿PÅáC¦¹¥~¡A¦h¶¡¾÷ºcªº´Á¥Z¤]³ø¾É¤F¿PÅëO¨| ªº«H®§¡A¡m©ú³ø¡n©ó¤K¤ë¤T¤é§ó¥HÀYª©³ø¾É¬ÛÃö·s»D¡C¬O¶µ­p¹ºªº³ø§i¤À¬°¨â­Ó³¡ ¥÷¡A²Ä¤@³¡¥÷°O¿ý³¥¥~½Õ¬dªº¸Ô±¡©M¼Æ¾Ú¡A²Ä¤G³¡¥÷«h¥æ¥N±À¼s«O¨|©M¥ÍºA®È¹Cªº ¤u§@¦¨ªG¡C³ø§i¤w©ó¥h¦~¤Q¤G¤ë§¹¦¨¡A¨Ã¥B§e¥æ¦ÜÀô¹Ò¤Î¦ÛµM«O¨|°òª÷¡C·|­û¦p±ý °Ñ¾\¡A¥i»P¥»·|©Î¿PÅìã¨s²ÕÁpµ¸¡C

¥H¤U¬O¥»·|¨î©wªºÆ[½à¿PÅæu«h¡G
  • ½Ð¤Å¦bÁc´Þ©u¸`(¤­¤ë¦Ü¤E¤ë)µn¤W¦³¿PÅÃÁc´Þªº¤p®q¡C³o·|¹ïÁc´Þ³¶³¾³y¦¨¤zÂZ¡A¨Ã´î§C¨e­Ì¦¨¥\Ác´Þªº¾÷·|¡F
  • ¥ô¦ó¬¡°Ê§¡À³¦b²î¤W¶i¦æ¡F
  • ÁקK»s³y¾¸­µ¡A¨Ò¦p¥sÄÛ¡B响¸¹¡B¨Ï¥Î´­Án¾¹©Î¼½©ñÁnÅT¡F
  • ¦p¹J¨ì¦³¤H»W·N¤zÂZ¿PÅÃÁc´Þ¡A½Ð§Y¦Vº®¹A¦ÛµMÅ@²z¸pÁ|³ø(¹q¸Ü¡G2471 4411)¡C­Y±¡ªp³\¥i¡A½Ð©ç·Ó¬°ÃÒ¡C

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2004, 11:58pm by HKBWS Office » Logged

From the HKBWS Office
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·|
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.