BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Mar 29th, 2024, 5:59pm

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Announcement 簡訊通告
   Projects 項目計劃
(Moderators: HKBWS Project, BBS Moderators)
   Hainan Trip
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hainan Trip  (Read 2108 times)
Captain

Email

Hainan Trip
« on: May 16th, 2004, 10:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all,

There is one vacancy left for the Hainan egretry count (26-30 May), probably the first survey to exploit the nesting population on Hainan.  

The budget is about HKD 3,000. Pls kindly let me know you are interested in the survey.

Thanks,

Captain
Albatross
BBS Member
BBS Junior Member

I believe I can fly

Re: Hainan Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 16th, 2004, 11:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear Captain,

I am not clear to the trip. Is it a trip organised by HKBWS society? What is the purpose of the trip? Why do we need to do it? Why is it not mentioned in the bulletin? Can I also go to find other birds? What places will the trip cover?

?

AB
Captain

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 17th, 2004, 1:41pm »

This trip is organized by the Egret Research Group of HKBWS. The Hainan Normal University is our partner in this trip.

This trip is simply to count the nest number of egrets and herons in Hainan. According to a Kadoorie Farm's study on egretry distribution and nest abundance in South China in 2001, there is some such background information in Guangdong and Guangxi, however, the situation in Hainan is not very clear.

In order to fill the information gap, ERG is therefore organizing this trip. This could help to estimate and evalute the importance of Hainan population. Conservation recommendations will be given.

Volunteers are welcomed and they will help to count the no of egrets and herons in a nesting colony.  

Looking for other birds is not our aim of this study but I guess we can have some birdwatching activities in the wetland areas. Forest area, probably very limited.  

It is hard for us to keep a good timing with the Bulletin. So, we advertize the message here.

Thanks,

Captain
假鳥迷
BBS Member
BBS God

Have fun...

« Reply #3 on: May 20th, 2004, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

我很欣賞這研究組為觀鳥會發動關於鷺鳥的研究和保育活動,以及拓展與其他地區 的交流。由於工作所限,未有機會抽空參與,不過對有關鷺鳥研究組的最近狀況很 感興趣,請問Captain可以繼續以新聞組、通訊、年報或其他途徑,讓我們獲得最 新 資訊嗎?

你到過了海南以後,可以與我們分享見聞、圖片和統計結果嗎?

請繼續努力!
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2004, 10:20am by 假鳥迷 » Logged
Captain

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 20th, 2004, 10:01pm »

Hi 假鳥迷

Thanks for your concern. We will update the progress of Egret Research Group here regularly.

The next update should be Egretry Count in 2004. We will finish the last visit of "big" colonies on Sunday. So, we will have a general "picture" of the breeding screnairo of egrets and herons this yr.

Will let members know the result of Hainan trip.

Captain
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.