BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Apr 19th, 2024, 10:44pm

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Special Topics 特別主題
   Sustainable Management Scheme in Long Valley 塱原可持續生態管理計劃
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, LVMA Project Officer)
   Update in Long Valley
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update in Long Valley  (Read 2676 times)
HF_Cheung
Committee Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

Email

Update in Long Valley
« on: Apr 21st, 2006, 9:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear HKBWS members,  

The Long Valley project have been going on well.  We have successfully worked with farmers to manage a significantly large peice of land.  Our new project officer Vicky is now in charge of the project and she will need help in making Long Valley even better.  

There are several ways for members to participate.   For example, there will be extra survey works focussed on birds using a particular plants.   There will be management work on the farmland that we want volunteers to participate.   There will be a training session to tour guides on Long Valley.  Please get to know Vicky, and ask her how you can help.  

HF Cheung  
Bob Thompson
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

Re: Update in Long Valley
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:54am »

on Apr 21st, 2006, 9:21pm, HF_Cheung wrote:
Dear HKBWS members,  

The Long Valley project have been going on well.  We have successfully worked with farmers to manage a significantly large peice of land.  Our new project officer Vicky is now in charge of the project and she will need help in making Long Valley even better.  

HF Cheung  

Thanks for the update, from the BBS very little or no information has been given to members about this project, for example which area within Long Valley is the society working and what are the project aims and how long is the project.  

""Please get to know Vicky, and ask her how you can help. "" Maybe Vicky could start posting regularly on the BBS
Fred
BBS Member
BBS God

Birds are fascinating!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22nd, 2006, 1:48pm »

My cheers to what have been doing in the Project.

Yes. To recruit the most support from members, it is more effective to have Vicky outline the plan and activities.  Highlights of what and how volunteers can take part also clarify the roles and commitment, which will make the appeal more specific and direct.

If the above information has already been published somewhere, please direct us to it.  Thanks.
Forrest FONG
BBS Administrator

I love Bird Watching!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22nd, 2006, 7:47pm »

Dear Bob,  

Good suggestion.  I see whether we can have more informations posted on the web.  However, some information may be sensitive.  So may be we can form an interest group, so that more sensitive information can be passed within the group.  

HF Cheung  

FF
Koren
BBS Member
BBS Full Member

I love bird watching!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23rd, 2006, 2:22pm »

on Apr 22nd, 2006, 7:47pm, Forrest FONG wrote:
Dear Bob,  

Good suggestion.  I see whether we can have more informations posted on the web.  However, some information may be sensitive.  So may be we can form an interest group, so that more sensitive information can be passed within the group.  

HF Cheung  

Yet another example of why there should be a special part of the BBS that is "members-only". We should be able to share information about projects like this freely within the Society without having to worry about undesirables finding out.

(And by the way, what is the nature of the "sensitive information"? I can understand keeping the exact location of breeding birds secret, even from members, but I can't think of anything else that would be so sensitive.)

Cheers, Koren
Fred
BBS Member
BBS God

Birds are fascinating!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24th, 2006, 11:22pm »

Koren has a good point.

There are different approaches for different objectives.  Having small groups operating on confined information may work best for conservation projects involving threatened species or specialized knowledge.  The same approach may not work well when broader and general participation is desired.  On one hand, a call has been made to members in general.  On the other hand, the call treats itself to a form of focus group.  The two calls are confusing with each other.

Fred
BBS Member
BBS God

Birds are fascinating!

« Reply #6 on: May 3rd, 2006, 11:06pm »

Any news from Vicky yet?  
Koren
BBS Member
BBS Full Member

I love bird watching!

« Reply #7 on: May 16th, 2006, 2:29pm »

Could Vicky or someone please post some information about this project up here or on the HKBWS web site Even just to let us know exactly where the HKBWS managed area is - surely this isn't sensitive information!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.