BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Apr 25th, 2024, 6:26am

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Special Topics 特別主題
   Sustainable Management Scheme in Long Valley 塱原可持續生態管理計劃
(Moderators: BBS Moderators, LVMA Project Officer)
   The Long Valley Project - An Outline
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Long Valley Project - An Outline  (Read 2103 times)
LVMA Project Officer
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS Junior Member

I love bird watching!

Email

The Long Valley Project - An Outline
« on: May 18th, 2006, 5:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear HKBWS members,

Sorry for my late reply. Since I've spent most of my time on field works, meetings with farmers and negotiation of farmlands, I neglected to update the progress of the project to all of you. Once again I apologize for my belated reply. Please keep on supporting us!  
Here is the outline of the project. More updates and activities will be announced later.  

Vicky

Objectives of the Project:
The project aims at enhancing the conservation value of Long Valley, especially for avifauna, through a partnership programme between the Hong Kong Birdwatching Society and the local farming community. It attempts to demonstrate that via careful adoption of specific management practices on conventional farming operations it will benefit wildlife, in particular wild birds. The project will also provide baseline information for the enhancement and creation of different habitats in Long Valley that are favourable to the target species, which are of high conservation value. The cooperation with local farming community will help to realize that human and birds can reach a harmony that a win-win situation is possible. Through the organized visits general public will also understand the importance of conserving Long Valley.

Target Habitats:
The target habitats that we attempt to preserve or create, and the target species are summarised as follows:
1. Active Wet Agricultural Lands including planting of water cress, water spinach, lotus, water chestnut (馬蹄), Chinese Arrow-head (慈菇), Foxnut (茨實), Water Caltrop (菱角), and other crop or non-crop vegetations. Target species: Greater Painted-snipe, other snipe species, Wood Sandpiper, Green Sandpiper, Little Ringed Plover and Yellow Wagtails.  
2. Fallow Wet Agricultural Lands, including marshes and shallow water ponds. Target species: Greater Painted-snipe, other snipe species, Black-winged Stilt, Bluethroat, kingfishers, Fantail Warbler, rails, crakes, bitterns, and egrets.  
3. Fallow Dry Agricultural Lands. Target species: pipits, buntings, Japanese Quail, Cattle Egret, starlings, shrikes, munias and Common Stonechat.  
4. Farmland Margins. Target species: pipits, buntings, Common Stonechat, starlings, shrikes, and munias.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2006, 6:03pm by LVMA Project Officer » Logged
Webcreeper
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

Re: The Long Valley Project - An Outline
« Reply #1 on: May 19th, 2006, 12:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

塱原可持續生態管理計劃提要

計劃目標

香港觀鳥會和當地農戶的合作計劃,目標是要提高塱原的生態保育價值,特別針對 雀鳥。
計劃嘗試證明一點:如果在傳統耕作方法中加入一些特定的管理措施,可以讓野生生物(尤其是野鳥)獲益。
我們還會收集基線數據,以便建立和改善塱原內各種生境,以利具高生態價值的目 標物種。
通過和當地農友合作,可以實現人鳥和諧共存,各得其所。
我們舉辦的參觀活動,也可以讓公眾了解保育塱原的重要。

目標生境:

下面是我們希望保存和建立的各種生境,以及保育工作的目標物種:

1. 耕作中的水田

會種植西洋菜、通菜、蓮藕、馬蹄(荸薺)、慈菇、茨實、菱角和其他農作物和 非農作物。
 保育目標物動:彩鷸、沙錐、林鷸、白腰草鷸、金眶[行鳥]、黃鶺鴒。

2. 閒置的水田

包括沼澤和淺水池塘。
 保育目標物種:彩鷸和沙錐、黑翅長腳鷸、藍點頦、多種翠鳥、棕扇尾鶯、秧雞 、田雞、鳽和白鷺。

3. 閒置的乾農田

保育目標物種:鷚、[巫鳥]、鵪鶉、牛背鷺、椋鳥、伯勞、文鳥、黑喉石 [即鳥]。

4. 農地邊緣

保育目標物種:鷚、[巫鳥]、黑喉石 [即鳥]、椋鳥、伯勞、文鳥。

W 中譯

>}o-}o-   >}o-         >}o-    .......x
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.