Board logo

Subject: Overnight Accomodation on Po Toi [Print This Page]

Author: wgeoff    Time: 14/04/2007 18:45     Subject: Overnight Accomodation on Po Toi

The two sisters who run the cafe at the top of the concrete steps have agreed to rent their house on Po Toi to members of HKBWS on a daily basis for overnight accommodation.

Their house is the one with the white fence and tables outside, just next to the restaurant. This is one of the better houses on Po Toi, with a reliable water supply and flycatchers in the back garden. The only disadvantage may be noise as it is close to the restaurant generator, although people who have used it already tell me this is not a problem.

1. The house is available from Sunday to Friday night inclusive, excluding Saturday and Public Holidays when the sisters want to use it themselves.

2. The charge is $200 per night for one person, $300 per night for two persons, $400 per night for three persons and $500 per night for four persons which is the maximum number.

3. No cooking facilities are available, the restaurant can provide lunch as normal and dinner on request. There is a facility for boiling water for washing. Bottled drinking water is available at the restaurant.

4. You will need to bring your own towels, sleeping bags etc as necessary. Only basic facilities such as a mattress are provided.

Anyone wishing to rent the house, please see me on Po Toi or contact me through this website. I have a key. Rental will be on a first come first served basis.

Finally, anyone using the house, please leave it in the same condition you find it otherwise the sisters may withdraw their offer.
Author: wgeoff    Time: 16/05/2007 20:00

Regrettably, the sisters have received a letter from the Home Affairs Department threatening them with 2 years imprisonment or a fine of $100,000 if they continue to run an 'unlicensed boarding house'.

This is almost certainly the result of an personal dispute amongst the islanders concerning the demolition of the illegally built house earlier this year. However, they have no choice but to withdraw their offer of accomodation.

Sad, but true.

Welcome to HKBWS Forum 香港觀鳥會討論區 (http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0