Board logo

Subject: Spring at Shing Mun/Lead Mine Pass, 2015 [Print This Page]

Author: tsheunglai    Time: 13/02/2015 21:35     Subject: Spring at Shing Mun/Lead Mine Pass, 2015

February 13th, 2015 (Friday)

Cold from about 10 rising to sunny noon of more than twenty Celsius. Wind from North-east mild.

Scene repeated itself but slightly different from last
A confirmation of wintering birds sticking if possible to short range of activities

The Little egret was seen at the catchment outlet and the female Daurian redstart was seen on the catchment above Visitors' Centre again.
However the Ashy drongo was absent from the Formosan tree.

Near the first Butterfly garden/paradise a bird descended sharply from right to left. An habitual check resulted in finding the bird to be the first-year male Verditer flycatcher which had been found there before. What's different was that food was so scarce that it resorted to picking up from the ground.

Near the second Butterfly garden/paradise the Chestnut-collared yuhinas were seen, this time counted to be roughly thirty-five.

A Bay woodpecker was heard indicating the species being present continually for the past cold months.

A Grey-headed flycatcher was heard of its less noticeable kind of call making me stay to confirm with a sighting.

The Hoopoe was seen again when it flew up on top of an erect but deed tree trunk though soon flying off to the opposite site of the stream.

The near-threatened species of Collared crows were found to be three in number taking permanent stay in the area when I came back near the catchment outlet.

S L Tai

[ Last edited by tsheunglai at 13/02/2015 21:37 ]

Welcome to HKBWS Forum 香港觀鳥會討論區 (http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0