Subject: Welcome to new HKBWS Portal / Fourms [Print This Page] Author: fforrest Time: 13/10/2006 23:47 Subject: Welcome to new HKBWS Portal / Fourms
Launching of new HKBWS Portal / Forums
We are pleased to announce that HKBWS has launched a new Portal / Forums today. After serving the Society for over 4 years since 1 October 2002, the existing HKBWS BBS (yabb forums) no longer met the demand of our members and should be retired.
The main features of the new HKBWS Portal / Forums include:-
- a calendar showing all the activities of the Society
- an activities registration function which allow members to register activities online
- a “my activities list” which members can see what activities they have registered or joined
- more functions on the posted messages / forums and and many improved securtiy controls.
The new forums also allow our HKBWS members to upload their photos onto their posted messages.
We try to arrange the forums in the way imitating what we will do in bird watching:
JOIN; KNOW; DO; SHARE
– to join the Society (HKBWS); to know where to go and what birds to see (Birdwatching on the web); to do somethings protecting birds (Bird Conservation), to share what we saw/submit our records (Birds of HK).
Hope you’ll find the new portal interesting and useful for bird watching/records submission
Forrest FONG HKBWS IT Group
14/10/2006 Author: fforrest Time: 14/10/2006 09:44 Subject: Username format of the new Portal
For security reason and so as to facilitate our future maintenance of the portal as well as reducing our workload, members are required to register again and your login/username should be the first letter of your last name + your first name, eg. CHAN Tai Man David - the username should be ctaiman or cdavid (all in small capital letter).
HKBWS members (not BBS members) also need to input your HKBWS membership id so that the system can verify whether you are the members of HKBWS automatically. However, please note that the format of membership id, last name and first name should be exactly the same as our records, otherwises the system won't allow you to register unless you don't input the member ID.
In the new portal/forums, each HKBWS members are allowed to upload photos (max 2 photos per each message) in their message.
Welcome to HKBWS Forum 香港觀鳥會討論區 (http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/)