Thread
Print

Today at Tsim Bei Tsui (20/01/07) 尖鼻咀

Today at Tsim Bei Tsui (20/01/07) 尖鼻咀

Although a little rain at the begining , it's not too cold and there ain't much visitors, so we get to see quite some good birds. The only problem is, when we tried to walk pass the pond to enter Mong Tseng village (the path near the bridge), the owner stopped us (as well as his dogs) and said we can't go pass this privately owned land. I don't know if this is the case for quite some while, as I remember last year in Feb. I could get to the village with no problem for two times!

Todays highlights to us:

Buff-bellied Flowerpecker (1 male and possibly another is a female that's fly with 'him')

Grey-headed Lapwing x 1

BFS x 3

Grey-backed Thrush x 1

Daurian Redstart x 1 female

Dusky Shrike x 1

Tsim Bei Tsui - Mong Tseng Village access problems....

Access problems in Tsim Bei Tsui;

Today I went to Tsim Bei Tsui and parked in Mong Tseng village.
My last visit was one year ago.
However the path had been closed by a gate and the ponds behind the gate are guarded by 3 dogs.
It is still possible to walk to The Fence Road from the village.
Some 50 meters before you enter the private area with the gate, you can turn to the left (an old squatter house) – behind the house you find a path in the high grass towards the fence of Wetland Park. Follow the fence and you will get to The Fence Road.
There was not much to see and the pollution (some call it haze) was too high to get sharp photos on the longer distance.
One of the view-point is almost impossible to use because of the high grass and mangrove plantation.

Thread