Thread
Print

[Owls] Brown Wood Owls in Tai Po Kau

Brown Wood Owls in Tai Po Kau

We heard a pair of Brown wood owls in Tai Po Kau this morning ( at around 1:30-3:30am , picnic area 2 )
The following link is the owl's calling recorded by Peter by using an iPhone4.
http://images4.fotop.net/albums4/pitarhk/pitarhk91/BWO.mp3

Also , there were 2-3 Hodgson's Hawk Cuckoo calling in the picnic area 1 & 2 at around 12:30-4:30am
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

越來越醒的鳥功加上先進科技,真叻!恭喜、恭喜!!!!

好似死左link啊!

Please right click to download.

Good to know they are still in TPK!  Do you have any idea how far away they it was calling from?  The call carries a long way but I have had no success recording it.

Dylan

The owls were moving and I guess the shortest distance between us is just around 20 meters. ( maybe standing on the tree-crown and watching us !! )
Finding the brown wood owls is a difficult task
By the way , I'm really interested to know how many BWO are living in HK now. Maybe the one heard in Lam Tsuen and this one are actually the same individuals  .. who knows
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

Brown Wood Owl Calling

Glad to hear the owls are still around.  Paul & I heard at least one wood owl calling around 9.30- 10pm 2 weeks ago.  We heard it from our house (in Tai Po Kau) and it sounded like it was on the tree ridge between the house and the AFCD offices.

Had mentioned it to Dylan who had also been hearing Wood owl that same week in Lam Tsuen, so fingers crossed we have several pairs now present. Agree would be great to know just how many.  Will post sooner next time we hear it!

Amanda

Thread