Thread
Print

Lung Fu Shan Autumn 2011

23 September 2011 - Po Shan Road

Only migrant seen was a Yellow-browed Warbler.

I don't know what happened to Po Shan Road this year.  By this time last year I had seen an Brown-chested Jungle Flycatcher, Yellow-rumped Flycatcher, Forest Wagtail, 2 Siberian Blue Robins, and lots of Arctic, Eastern crowned and Pale-legged Leaf Warblers.  This year it has been consistently dead.  I suspect that it is due to less rainfall this September--I can't think of any other reason, the habitat seems the same.

8 October 2011

There were 3 Grey-streaked Flycatchers near the Firestation at LFS. There was one Asian Brown Flycatcher at Po Shan Road and a flyover Northern Hobby.

21 Oct 2011 - Po Shan Road

In addition to the Green-backed Flycatcher there was

1 Mugimaki Flycatcher
1 Eastern Crowned Warbler
1 Yellow-browed Warbler
1 Hwamei (first ever for Po Shan Road even though they are common further up the mountain)

Thanks, Mike.

I forgot to mention that along the concrete trail several signs have no been put up saying that slope maintenance is planned in the area. I suppose this area would be a bit vulnerable to landslides but it would be unfortunate from a birding standpoint as the vegetation along that path can be quite productive.

As far as I can tell the very productive area around the s-curves would remain unchanged.

The Green-backed Flycatcher appears to be gone.  With clear skies last night it likely moved on. Today on Po Shan Road there was a Black-winged Cuckooshrike, and one each of Asian Brown and Grey-streaked Flycatcher.

18 Nov 2011

In addition to the Owston's or Green-backed Flycatcher there is a female Blue-and-white and male Verditer Flycatcher, a Black-winged Cuckooshrike and at least eight Yellow-browed Warblers on Po Shan Road.

22 November 2011 -- Po Shan Road

Quiet except for one rather late Eastern Crowned Warbler.

Thread