Thread
Print

Recent RC decisions

Dear Geoff,

The last upload of the HK List is July 2010.  Is there a newer version?  I think the English version better come out first, then the Chinese version could follow soon.

Also, since the record committee also look at subspecies.  Should the HK List include subspecies as well?

HF Cheung

[ Last edited by HFCheung at 9/02/2012 14:22 ]

Thank for the information.  I believe the HK list deserves more publicity.  May I suggest that a scheduled update at least once a year, or an update after every RC decision that involve a change in the list?

HF Cheung

Any update on the latest RC meeting?  Since the HK Bird Report will be printed soon.  It would be good to use the updated list (including the latest change in the IOC list that affect the HK list).

HF Cheung

Thanks, Geoff.  HKBWS runs a bilingual system.  It would good for the chinese name committee to learn these changes as soon as possible so that they have enough time to prepare.

HF Cheung

I cannot work out how the HK List now stands at 513.

The post from RC on 22 Aug 2011 stated that "The HK List now stands at 508 species".
The post from RC on 12 Dec 2011 announced 1 addition (Bulwer’s Petrel) and 1 removal (Grey-cheeked Fulvetta).

The most recent post from RC on 22 June 2012 announced 3 additions (Brown-backed Needletail, Japanese / Manchurian Bush Warbler, Black-throated Tit).  

I guess I must have missed something.  I think RC need to prepare a full list to HKBWS for publicity.

HF Cheung

Thank you. That solve the mistery. I have already asked relevant people to work on the Chinese names.
Just a bit surprised to learn that even after these years, RC still consider "Grey-cheeked Fulvetta" not established in HK.

HF Cheung

Thread