Thread
Print

Will you take bird photos like this 你會這樣拍鳥嗎?

Will you take bird photos like this 你會這樣拍鳥嗎?

9/7/11 A tern island in Hong Kong

Attachment

110709 DSC_8604b.jpg (123.59 KB)

3/02/2012 21:38

110709 DSC_8604b.jpg

Quote:
Original posted by VRII at 7/02/2012 00:13
HI BWA,
What is your comment on these men cutting the tree at PO Shan Road?
Will you like to take bird photo like this?

http://i240.ph ...
Of course I do not approve of cutting trees.  Will you?
Could you elaborate more on why you ask this question?
Disturbing terns is not correct.  Nor is cutting trees.

[ Last edited by BWA at 7/02/2012 20:18 ]

Quote:
Original posted by EricB at 7/02/2012 07:43
Things may not be as bad as they seem.
I am unclear on the absolute legality of approaching particular bird species in this particular tern colony, but that aside ones initial horror of the situation  ...
I'm not sure about what happens at the Farne Islands.

When we (Ho Fai and I) first arrived at the tern island on the day when the photo was taken, the photographers have been there for some time.  Many terns were circling high up in the air and dare not land, a reaction similar to the case when a Peregrine Falcon is around.  In fact we were looking for the falcon until we found those people.  The photographers were clearly disturbing the terns, for no good reason other than a selfish purpose.

Quote:
Original posted by VRII at 8/02/2012 00:21

Ha Ha, you are telling what I mean. I wonder most of the attacking are aimed to attack, not from the benefits of birds/environment.
EricB tells us a real story that human being is not quite harmful  ...
I don't know the person who was snapping off a tree branch in the photo.  I do not approve of what he was doing regardless who he is or how he thinks about taking photos inside the core area of a tern island.

Gary's article is not meant to encourage people getting into the core area.  He was talking about fishermen who stay at the perimeter of the island.

Thread