Thread
Print

Lung Fu Shan Autumn 2012

Lung Fu Shan Autumn 2012

18 August 2012

A walk up Po Shan Road produced an Asian Paradise Flycatcher and an escaped Rosy-faced Lovebird.

29 August 2012 -- Po Shan Road

1 Eastern Crowned Warbler was the only migrant.

10 September 2012 - Po Shan Road

1 Arctic Warbler

11 September 2012 - Po Shan Road

1 Asian Brown Flycatcher and a Lesser Coucal.

Yes, first one I have ever seen at LFS assuming my ID was correct based on the iris test. Seemed very small too.

[ Last edited by brendank at 11/09/2012 23:58 ]

12 September 2012 - Po Shan Road

A bit more warbler activity today.

3 Arctic Warbler
1 Eastern Crowned Warbler
1 Asian Brown Flycatcher

Yes, it did seem the mantle/wings were less reddish than on Greater. (It was an adult.) Irides definitely appeared black to me and the size seemed small--so much so in fact that I thought it was going to be a Oriental Cuckoo or something of that sort.

Agree the habitat is wrong but perhaps there could be some dispersal in autumn in which birds could be seen away from preferred habitat?  Greater Coucal is regular here of course.

18 September 2012 - Po Shan Road

1 Asian Brown Flycatcher and a Mountain Tailorbird. Usually, Mountain Tailorbirds (similar to Po Toi) don't arrive here until November but I suppose they may now be breeding somewhere at LFS.

29 September 2012 - Po Shan Rd

1 Asian Brown Flycatcher
1 Pale-legged leaf Warbler

3 October 2012 - Po Shan Road

1 Pale-legged Leaf Warbler
1 Yellow-browed Warbler
2 Asian Brown Flycatcher

13 October - Po Shan Road

1 Two-barred Greenish Warbler (my first for this location)
2 Asian Brown Flycatcher

Nice collection, Herman!

Shape seems to fit Blue-and-white but a view of the front would be helpful.

The Pallas's Leaf warbler is a Yellow-browed Warbler.

24 December 2012

A walk from Pokfulam Reservoir to Lung Fu Shan produced a male Fujian Niltava (closer to Pokfulam Reservoir), 12 Japanese and 15 Grey-backed Thrush and 4 Black-faced Bunting.

24 January 2013

A walk around LFS today produced a Pale-legged/Sakhalin Leaf Warbler, and many thrush composed of Japanese, Grey-backed and Pale.

Thread