Thread
Print

[Owls] Rescuing an Oriental Scops Owl

Successful release of the Oriental Scops Owl

I have followed up with KFBG about this Oriental Scops Owl. I received this statement from KFBG this morning:
Quote:
"Following its discovery reported in the earlier thread, the Oriental Scops Owl was passed to the Wildlife Rescue Centre at Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden (KFBG) on 26th October, 2012. An initial vet check revealed slight abrasion to the right eye which is common in birds that have had window strike trauma. The owl received several days of nursing and after it was considered fit for the wild, it was released into secondary woodland on  Kwun Yam Shan on 1st November 2012.

A happy ending for this rescued owl.

If you see any injured wild birds, please report to the AFCD (Hotline: 1823); SPCA (Hotline: 2711 1000) or KFBG (2483 7136)"
It's great to know that Louislee's actions have helped this owl to recover, and that it is now safely back in the wild and able to continue with it's migration.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank KFBG for all the wildlife rehabilitation work they do in Hong Kong. I often work with KFBG, so I have some idea of the number of birds that pass through the centre every year, including some rare and threatened species. Some cases I know are very difficult to deal with and require considerable investment of time and effort by the wildlife rehabilitation unit to allow the individual to recover.

Thread