Thread
Print

本會與長春社就鷺鳥林修樹事件的聯合聲明

I have no faith that an internal investigation within LCSD will reveal the truth behind this incident, in particular what instructions the Tree Team were given before cutting started.
Photo 1 above does not indicate to me that the objective was to protect the public from falling trees and branches in the coming typhoon season, as they claim in their press release on 7 June.

I guess LCSD are now waiting for the incident to blow over and the public to move on to other things.

[ Last edited by wgeoff at 11/06/2017 08:22 ]

The English version of this LCSD statement, which was released on 7 June, appears here

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/news/press_details.php?id=11041

I agree that public safety appears to be their best defence, although whether this was part of the original reason for the incident can only be established by looking at their internal memos and instructions to the Tree Team. So I avoided this when replying to 1823 and said as follows

"Reference your Press Release on June 7 concerning "LCSD apologises for tree pruning incident in Tai Po".

You do not explain why your Inspectors did not identify the problem of Egrets nesting in their inspection of the area on 2 June and authorisation of tree pruning work.

Surely the presence of nesting egrets was clearly obvious to them and at least their instructions to the Tree Team should have included avoiding problems with nesting egrets. This issue should have been discussed with AFCD before going ahead with tree pruning.

Can you please explain this."

I have not received any reply.

Geoff

[ Last edited by wgeoff at 11/06/2017 15:35 ]

Thread