Thread
Print

Large Raptor in Admiralty (message from Mr. Kevin Fuller)

Large Raptor in Admiralty (message from Mr. Kevin Fuller)

message from Mr. Kevin Fuller

"I have been observing a large (possible) raptor perched about 20 metres high in a tree. At first I thought it was a heron, similar size white body, light grey wings. It was partially obscured by foliage but moved to reveal a pure white head with a short dark beak. I have never seen one but a fish eagle comes to mind. I first spotted the bird from my apartment window circa 11:00AM. It was still there at 5:00PM. Possibly escaped from an aviary? I live next to Hong Kong Park, opposite the Conrad Hotel."

Dear Kevin

White-bellied Sea Eagles (resident in small numbers in HK) are occasionally seen flying through the Harbour, but I am aware of no previous records of birds roosting in the centre of town - very interesting.  

Cheers
Mike Kilburn
Mike KilburnVice Chairman, HKBWSChairman, Conservation Committee

agree White-bellied Sea Eagle

i remember there was a few photos/records of the White-bellied Sea Eagle taken in the victoria harbour?

Mon 姐跟我說過她曾在海防博物館見過white-bellied sea eagle求偶
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

I recall seeing a picture some time ago a White-bellied Sea Eagle roosting right at the City Hall, Central. So it is perfectly possible!

Thread