Thread
Print

Photographs

Photographs

Presently it appears that only registered users are able to view photos that have been uploaded to the HKBWS server, can this be changed ?

I believe that the current system of having to be a registered user to be able to upload should remain in place but that all photos no matter whether they are on the HKBWS server or on external servers should be available for Guests to view.

The website is intended to promote bird watching and if guests are not able to view the photos, the BBS is not achieving one of its aim

Bob Thompson

I very much agree with Bob. This forum could be a useful reference tool for many birders worldwide. Indeed, I was thinking of alerting people to its existence, but had not realised that guests could not see the photos.

By making photos accessible to all, it would stimulate interest in the birds of HK and the region generally.

Geoff

I agree. Some professionals also said that they can't even visit this website. You know, a lot of people use this website as a tool to learn birds in HK.

Captain

I echo what Bob said ...  :evil:
KK Hui FRPS
Personal Website

[quote:84de211e18="hkwongkit"]I echo what Bob said ...  :evil:[/quote]

me too!!

kwan

Dear Bob and all,

Thank you for telling me the problem.

I would clarify that except not allowing the guests to post message, we don't restrict them viewing the photos uploaded into the HKBWS server (except the "members only" and some special forums).

After checking the permission setting of some forums, I found that it was due to the default setting for only allowing registered members to post messages in the forum. I have changed their permission setting at once so as to allow guests viewing the photos now.

If you still see the problem exists in any forum, please tell me at once.

Thank you very mcuh.

Regards,

Forrest FONG
HKBWS IT Group

Some professionals also said that they can't even visit this website.

[quote:85f66b87f1="wcaptain"]Some professionals also said that they can't even visit this website. You know, a lot of people use this website as a tool to learn birds in HK.[/quote]
Hi Captain,

Can you tell me more about some professionals said that they couldn't visit thes website. I need more details to rectify the problems if they really exist.

Thank you.

Forrest

Thread