BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | ¤¤¤å
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. May 12th, 2024, 6:39pm

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ
   Discussion Area °Q½×°Ï
   Conservation ¦ÛµM«O¨|
(Moderators: Webcreeper, BBS Moderators)
   ®a¾~°ÝÃD The House Crow Problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ®a¾~°ÝÃD The House Crow Problem  (Read 7588 times)
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

Re: ®a¾~°ÝÃD The House Crow Problem
« Reply #45 on: Oct 31st, 2005, 1:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

30/10/05 ©ú³ø Mingpao

While residents worried that House Crows at Sham Shui Po might bring bird flu, AFCD said the chances of the birds getting bird flu from migrating birds were small as they live mainly in urban areas. No bird flu virus has been found in over 100 samples from House Crows. AFCD had caught 70 and euthanised birds successfully using bait meat doctored with tranquilizer.

º®Å@¸p°g»î¦×»ç®·¯Q¾~

¡i©ú³ø±M°T¡j®a¾~(«UºÙ¯Q¾~)°ÝÃD¤@ª½§xÂZ²`¤ô [¤g¨B]–õ©~¥Á¡Aªñ¤é¸V¬y·P°ÝÃD§ó¥O¼~¼{¤É¯Å¡Aº®Å@¸pªí¥Ü¡A®a¾~¬¡°Ê½d³ò¶°¤¤¥«°Ï¡A»P¸V¬y·P±J¥D­Ô³¾ªº¥æ¤e·P¬V¾÷·|·¥·L¡A¤ÆÅç¤F¹O100­Ó®a¾~¼Ë¥»¥þ¤£±a¸V¬y·P¯f¬r¡C

¸p¤è¤µ¦~¸Õ¥ÎÂA¦×¥[ÂíÀR¾¯ªºÃÄ»ç¡u°g»î¡v®a¾~¤H¹D·´·À¡A¤S¶Ï·À³¾±_¤Î³¾³J¡A²{ ¥þ´ä®a¾~¼Æ¥Ø±±¨î¦b300°¦¤§¤º¡Cº®Å@¸p¤Î±d¤å¸p§¡©IÆ~¥«¥Á¦b¦¹ÄY®m®É¨è¡A¤Å¦A Áý³¶¡C

¥þ´ä¯Q¾~300°¦ ¶°¤¤²`¤ô[¤g¨B]

º®Å@¸p¦ÛµM«O¨|¥D¥ô§Q°¶¶¯»¡¡A²{®É­»´äªº®a¾~¶°¤¤¦b²`¤ô[¤g¨B]°ÏÄR»Õ[§ø]¤Î¤EÀs¥J¤½¶é¡A°£¤F¾¸­µÂZ¥Á¡AÁT«K¤Îáó©U§£ªº²ßºD¦³¾÷·|¶Ç¼½¯fµß¡Q®a¾~¨Ã«D¥»´ä­ì¥Í³¾Ãþ¡A·|®·­¹¨ä¥L³¾Ãþªº¥®³¾¤Î³¾³J¡A¯}Ãa¥»´ä­ì¦³³¶³¾¥ÍºA¡C

º®Å@¸p2003¦~°_Äa±¾¹p®g°ÛºÐ§é®g¶§¥ú¡A¦A¥[¤W¼½©ñÁn±aÅX»°®a¾~¡A¤S©ñ¸m³¾Å¢»¤ ®·¡A¦ý¦¨®Ä¤£¤j¡C¥h¦~¸p¤è¥D°Ê¥XÀ»¡A¶Ï·À³¾³J¤Î¥®³¾¦@145°¦¡Q¤µ¦~«h¥HÂA ½Þ¡B¤û¡B³½¡B¤ÈÀ\¦×¡B¤e¿Nµ¥¥[¤JÂíÀR¾¯»s¦¨ÃÄ»ç¡A®a¾~¤¤­p«á·|µL¤O­¸¦æ­Ë¦a¡A 70¦¸ ¦æ°Ê¦¨¥\®·®»70°¦®a¾~¡A¥þ°e©¹¤H¹D·´·À¡C

§Q°¶¶¯«ü¡A¡u­n¤@Á|Äè·À®a¾~¨Ã¤£®e©ö¡A§Y¨Ï¥Îºj®g±þ¡A¦¨®Äµu¼È¡Aªø»··|¥O¨ä¤À ¥¬§óÂX´²¡C¡v¸p¤è¦hºÞ»ô¤U±±¨î®a¾~¡A¦ý¥«¥Á¥²¶·°t¦X¡A¤Å¦AÁý³¶¡C±d¤å¸p¥ç©IÆ~ ¥«¥Á¤Å¹H¤Ï¡m¹C¼Ö³õ¦a³W¨Ò¡n¡A¦b¹C¼Ö³õÁý¹}¸V³¾¡A«O«ù¤½²³½Ã¥Í¡C

­»´ä²{¦³9ºØ¾~¬ì³¾Ãþ¡A®a¾~ÄÝ¥~¨Óª«ºØ¡A·½¦Û«n¨È¤Î¤¤°ê¦è«n¦a°Ï¡A¦­¦~ÀH¸g°Ó² î¶i¤J­»´ä¡C90¦~¥Nªì¥þ´ä¥u¦³¤Q¨Ó°¦®a¾~¡A¦ý2004¦~¤w¼W¦Ü250°¦¡A´¿¦³³¾±M®a¦ô ­p¡A­Y¤£±±¨î¨ä¼Æ¶q¡A10¦~«á¥i¼W¦Ü1400°¦¡C
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2005, 1:26am by Webcreeper » Logged

¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@>}o-}o-¡@¡@¡@>}o-¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@¡@>}o-¡@¡@¡@¡@.......x
LUN
BBS Member
BBS Senior Member

I love bird watching!

« Reply #46 on: Oct 31st, 2005, 11:23pm »

¦pªG¥~¨Óªº¯Q¾~­n®ø·À¡A¨º»ò¤p¸ªªá»ñÀYÆxÄM­n¤£­n©O?
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #47 on: Nov 1st, 2005, 11:04pm »

§Ú·Q°ÝÃD¤£¦b©ó³¾¬O§_¥~¨Ó¡A¦Ó¬O¨e­Ì¹ï¥»¦a¥ÍºAªº¼vÅT¡C

¤p¸ªªá»ñÀYÆxÄMÁöµM·|¯}Ãa¾ð¤ì¡A¦ý¬O¨e­Ì¤£·|¹³®a¾~¨º»ò¡uÅQ¹D¡v¡]ÅX»°¨ä¥L¥» ¦a³¶³¾¡^¡A¤]¤£·|¹³®a¾~¯ë¦b©U§£°ï¤¤§ä­¹ª«¼vÅT½Ã¥Í¡A¡u¥Í²£¤O¡v¤]¤ñ®a¾~§C¡] ¨C¦¸³Ì¦h¨â¤T°¦¡^¡A©Ò¥H¨ì¥Ø«e¬°¤î¹ï¥»¦a¥ÍºAªº¼vÅT¦ü¥G¨Ã¤£ÄY­«¡C

ÁÙ¦³¡A¤p¸ªªá¥þ²y¥u³Ñ¸U°¦¡A¬OÃx¦Mª«ºØ¡A«OÅ@ÁÙ¨Ó¤£¤Î¡A¤S«ç»ò¯à±þ¡H

³Ì«á¡A¤p¸ªªá»ñÀYÆxÄM¥~§Î¤ñ®a¾~°Q¦n¡]¥@¬É´N¬O³o¼Ë¤£¤½¥­¡^¡A´Nºâ­nªá¿ú¤]¦³ ¤HÄ@·N¶R¦^®a¤¤¹}¾i¡A©Ò¥H¨S¦³¤H»¡­n±N¨e­Ì»°ºÉ±þµ´¡C
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2005, 8:29am by Webcreeper » Logged

bfspoonbill
BBS Member
BBS God

I love bird watching!

« Reply #48 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 1:21pm »

Long time without article for this topic.

The house crows at Tsuen Wan has spread from Riviera Gardens sea shore park to Tsuen Wan Town Hall area.
BLee
BBS Member
BBS Senior Member

I love snowgoose.

« Reply #49 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 12:53am »

Is there any problem living with house crow ?
Recently, I visited Kathmandu. House crow everywhere !
I rememered the time I was in Nairobi. Also, there were many Maraburu stork over the trees. So what !
I treasured I could live harmonily with wild lives.
Why can we kill other animals so easily just because we are so-called "the master of all lives" ?

BLee

BLee
Webcreeper
BBS Moderator
BBS Member
BBS God

I'm a webcreeper

« Reply #50 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 9:41pm »

Hope this can at least answer part of your question (see page one of this thread):

on Apr 30th, 2004, 3:58pm, HF_Cheung wrote:
Dear all,  

I like to open up discussion in HKBWS on the House Crow issue.  

The arguments for controlling House Crow are:  
1. They are not native species.  
2. They multiply rapidly.  
3. They are harmful to local wildlife.  

All the above are true for House Crow.  
1. If they are native species, I would suggest leave them alone.  
2. If they are introduced and harmful, but they number is stable and low, I think they can be tolorated.  
3. If they are not that harmful, I will also leave it alone, even though their number may increase greatly.  

If we decide to control their number, we want to act as soon as possible, and find the most effective method.  
Trapping have been tried, and if this is effective, I will support that.  So far, killing seems to be the only viable method.  Still, there are different ways to kill them.  

1. Singapore government is shooting them, 45000 a year.  Do we want to hear gun shot every day in urban area and in front of the public.  Since Crows are very clever, once we start shooting, it will drive some of them outside the Kowloon area, such as to Mai Po.  I think it will become more and more difficult to shoot them as time goes on.  

2. According to Prof. Sodhi of Singapore, people have tried poisoning House Crow in Aden of Yeman.  Using slow poision in labelled eggs, very large number of House Crow are killed this way.  The problem seems to be that more House Crow come to Aden city next year.  So it is not very successfully in Aden.  

This situation in HK is different.   If we succesfully poision most House Crows in HK, there is no danger of large flock coming from neighboring region.  The obvious disadvantage of poisoning is that native bird may also be hurted.  In Hong Kong, the potential victims are Common Magpie and Black Kite.  I think the poisoning site will be at Kowloon Tsai park and/or Shum Shui Po.  First one find out the Magpie and Kite population and habit in these area, and then one choose a suitable site to put out reasonable number of poisoned eggs, and adjusted the operation from time to time.  I think this is the way to go.  

I believe the method will not disperse the House Crow population.  If we can keep them in one small place (at present mainly in Kowloon), the method will have a much better chance of success.  

I am open to other suggestions.  

HF Cheung

Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·|
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS ­» ´ä Æ[ ³¾ ·| ·s »D ²Õ » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.