BBS BBS Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register English | 中文
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. May 4th, 2024, 4:10pm

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組
   Discussion Area 討論區
   Photo Gallery 相片分享 II
(Moderators: Kwok Jai, Forrest FONG, BBS Moderators)
   Ruby-cheeked Sunbird 紫額太陽鳥 (Thailand 泰國)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ruby-cheeked Sunbird 紫額太陽鳥 (Thailand 泰國)  (Read 964 times)
Forrest FONG
BBS Administrator

I love Bird Watching!

Email

Ruby-cheeked Sunbird 紫額太陽鳥 (Thailand 泰國)
« on: Sep 17th, 2003, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ruby-cheeked Sunbird 紫額太陽鳥 Anthreptes singalensis
Khao Yai National Park 孝艾國家公園
11/9/2003
Just visited Thailand for birding during the Mid-autumn Festival last week.

Ruby-cheeked Sunbird - F

Ruby-cheeked Sunbird - M
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2004, 2:49pm by BBS Moderators » Logged

FF
felixcat
BBS Member
BBS God

watch birds and be watched ...

Re: Ruby-cheeked Sunbird 紫額太陽鳥 (Thailand 泰國
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18th, 2003, 9:16am »

Dear Forrest,

Can you share more birding experience in Thailand?  What you suggest to bring for birdwatching/bird photography after having such experience in the national parks?

For me, I'll visit Chitwan national park and Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve in Nepal this November.  Now, I am still preparing for this trip as I don't much such experience before.  Thanks.
Forrest FONG
BBS Administrator

I love Bird Watching!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23rd, 2003, 9:31am »

Hi Felixcat,

Glad to know that you will visit Nepal for birding. Although my oversea birding experience is very limited and may not be relevant, I still happy to share with you and other members.

How long will you stay in Nepal? How many partners will go with you to Nepal for birding? Will you bring the telescope with you? I need to bring the telepscope with me in each of my trip because I am using digitscope to take bird photos. I think you need to bring a telescope with you for watching the ibisbill & other birds which they usually are at the far side of the river. However, it may be too heavy for trekking in Nepal because you also need to bring a lot of thing with you, eg. the bird fieldguide, the bird list, location map of the bird sites, your photo equipments and a lot of water. We usually will hire a car with driver for the whole trip so that we don't need to carry all the heavy stuff on our shoulders for moving from one spot to another spot and we could also enjoy birding along the road.

Besides finding a good local guide who knows birds and a good vehicle with driver, I think the most important thing is finding good partners with you. We will form a group to birding oversea for sharing the cost of employing the guide and hiring the car. We could also share the birding experience with each other and help each other to find/id the birds in a strange place.

If you have time, please do attend the AGM held this Saturday. A lot of our members with abundant oversea birding experience will attend the meeting and we could  
talk with them after the meeting.

Regards

Forrest

FF
felixcat
BBS Member
BBS God

watch birds and be watched ...

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26th, 2003, 1:46pm »

Hi, Forrest,

Thank you very mcuh for your sharing.  I will stay in Nepal for one month and spend around 10 days for bird/wildlife watching.  I plan to join local tours there and the tour includes natualist/guide normally.  

Besides, I will take my binoculars as well as my camara with tele-lens (300mm + 2x), which may not be very powerful to take good pictures but not too heavy as well.  I'll take your advice of hiring jeep/car and arrange a blind for some spots if possible.

This trip, I will go with 5 friends.  Though they are not so keen on bird watching, they enjoy everything about the nature.  See if I can join AGM and make friends there.  

Regards,
Felix
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

logo

香 港 觀 鳥 會
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society

Best viewed with IE 6.0 or Netsacpe 7.0:

Download Explorer   Download Netscape

HKBWS BBS 香 港 觀 鳥 會 新 聞 組 » Powered by YaBB!
YaBB 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.