Thread
Print

Unacceptable disturbance of Cested Buntings at Long Valley

又是多謝朋友捱義氣幫忙翻譯了Mike的帖子!
黑色字為Mike的原文,藍色字是翻譯部份。

Unacceptable disturbance of Crested Buntings at Long Valley
塱原鳳頭鵐受到的滋擾難以接受

I spent 15 minutes at Long Valley this afternoon. In that time the Crested Buntings I had come to see were flushed four times in ten minutes by photographers marching up to the birds to get their photos.  I stress that each time the birds were flushed a photographer was walking deliberately towards them, not creeping slowly forward.
我今天下午在塱原逗留了15分鐘。在這段時間內,我專程來看的鳳頭鵐因鳥攝者為了拍照步步進迫,而在10分鐘內4次驚飛我想強調的是,每次鳥兒被驚嚇至飛走,都是因為有鳥攝者故意走近,而非蹲下慢慢的趨前。

This is completely unacceptable:
這是完全不能接受的:

1. These were newly arrived migrants were most likely tired, hungry and trying to feed.
這些雀鳥是剛剛抵步的遷徙鳥,很大機會是疲憊不堪,而且餓極很想覓食。

2. Many other photographers were also not able to get shots because of the rush to be first to get close to the bird.
由於有些人想率先走近那些雀鳥拍照,雀鳥驚嚇飛走,令其他很多鳥攝者都不能拍照。

3.My own enjoyment was spoiled by those who were thinking only getting their own shot
那些人只顧拍照而滋擾了雀鳥,令觀鳥的我掃興萬分

I am aware that there are many new photographers who may have little knowledge of birds, but at Long Valley this afternoon, it was not always newcomers who were leading the charge.
我明白有很多新加入鳥攝行列的朋友未必對雀鳥有很多認識,但今天下午在塱原作出上述舉動的,並非全是新的鳥攝者

In such situations where there are many birders and photographers on-site, it is essential for someone to take charge and ensure that everyone has a chance to see and photograph the bird from a distance that does not cause disturbance to the bird.  
在有很多觀鳥者和鳥攝者在場的環境之下,如果有人可以控制場面,確保人人都可以從遠處見到和拍到雀鳥,而又不會對鳥兒構成滋擾,這是十分重要的。

I think this is not impossible.  
我相信這並非不可能的。

Many of the photographers have agreed not to use flash when many are gathered to photograph night birds, and the self-policing works well. It must be possible to extend such good practice to other occasions when many people want to see a good bird.   The basic requirement is respect for the wellbeing of the bird and respect for others who also want to see and photograph birds. Sadly this was not on show at Long Valley today.
很多鳥攝者同意在多人聚集一起拍攝夜間的鳥類時不用閃燈,這個自律的方式行之有效。要將這個良好的做法伸延至其他很多人都想見到珍稀雀鳥的場合,相信一定是可行的。最基本的條件,是尊重鳥兒的福祉,並尊重其他想見到和拍到該雀鳥的人。可惜的是,今天在塱原並沒有出現這個情況。

Mike Kilburn
Vice Chairman

吳敏
香港觀鳥會副主席

[ Last edited by Sze at 14/11/2010 20:45 ]

Some members had posted the similar conservation message to some popular photography forum before. However, since some of the people dislike or disagree what we say, it just got a unhappy ending which a little bit like the case of Mai Po Black Drongo Nest.

Thread