Please click to the number above or links below to view details of bird watching spots. (Note: the coloured-number indicates the bird watching sites are easier to access.)
For detailed information on birding places, please refer to:
Suggestions of new birding sites and new information on current sites
- Viney, C., Phillipps, K., and Lam, C.Y. 1994.
Birds of Hong Kong and South China (6th ed.)
Government Printer. Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong Bird Watching Society, Wan Li Book Co. Ltd. 2004
A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Hong Kong
- Carey, G. J., Chalmers, M. L., Diskin, D. A., Kennerley, P. R., Leader, P. J., Leven, M. R., Lewthwaite, R. W., Melville, D. S., Turnbull, M., and Young, L. 2001.
The Avifauna of Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Bird Watching Society, Hong Kong.
- MacKinnon, M., and Phillipps, K. 2000.
A Field Guide to the Birds of China.
Oxford University Press, UK
- T.J. Woodward and G.J. Carey. 1996.
Where to watch Birds and other Wildlife in Hong Kong and Guangdong
- David Diskin.
Birding Hong Kong