Thread
Print

Red-throated Flycatcher?

Red-throated Flycatcher?

Hi is a Red-throated Flycatcher coming into breeding plumage?

Today - Lamma Island 0  North facing hillside near water
D3 w/Nikkor 500mm F/4D

[ Last edited by mguy at 6/12/2010 06:40 ]

Hi I have some more photos of a bird I took this morning which looks completely different colourwise, but light was completely different alsoo, from the posting yesterday... will take a while though.
But definitely at least 2 in the garden as I saw & heard the 2 calling 2 each other.... the sound is as described in my 1985 version of Viney.... the rotating of a wooden rattle

Hi Geoff..... will listen to them a few more times (at this time think I have heard both, but the sound from this evening is from the first/second)..... however the good news, hopefully, is that Neil videoed this evening with audio & should be able to post a link within a couple of hours.
In the meantime I have some more photos from this evening & will post in a while together with photos (some novelty)from this morning... is interesting to see the difference the light makes

All the best, Guy

[ Last edited by mguy at 7/12/2010 05:14 ]

These 2 photos were taken at 07:13 with "clean" light behind the bird so there is no light affected plumage on the front of the bird...

These 5 photos were taken at 07:47 today & whilst the images are in the shade there was "golden" light around which might affect the plumage colour., although there are light areas that should be affected, but seemingly aren't.....

[ Last edited by mguy at 6/12/2010 18:48 ]

These 3 photos were taken at 08:19 in the shade except where shafts of light are shown....

& a rather large set of images from this evening from 17:12 - 17:16. together with some fun ones...

[ Last edited by mguy at 6/12/2010 20:14 ]

And another image at 17:35...

Thanks Geoff et al....... your input is greatly appreciated.... also thanks to Neil who was along side me, for the defining video w/audio.

All the best, Guy

Deleted.. I posted in wrong place... sorry, Guy

[ Last edited by mguy at 10/12/2010 18:38 ]

Thread